Here Comes the Sun and I Say it's Alright ☼

Wednesday, 18 June 2014


So this past week has been spent basking in this beautiful British weather. As all us Brits know it wont last long so we might as well make the most of it. Don't get me wrong I love winter and autumn is my favourite season but I will say that it has been so nice to step outside without immediately needing to put another layer on to stop you from freezing to your impenetrable death. So I thought I would document a little of what I've been up to in the sun. 


So Sunday afternoon was spent in the garden drinking gallons of fruit filled Pimms and munching on homemade black pepper scones with homemade strawberry and blueberry jam, that Gareth graciously made for us. It was heaven to just lay back and listen to the birds chirping and having somewhere peaceful to read my book. I have been a little off with reading recently but this week I've really got back into the plot and the swing of a reading routine. Also while we were outside me and Gareth started organising a little shopping list for our little Yorkshire getaway next week which I will write a blog post about. It was such a lovely afternoon, sat on a blanket with lots of cushions and just enjoying each other's company and the sun. It really makes you appreciate the little things.


 On Monday, after being inside all day at college setting up my exhibition (more of that to come abit later) Me and Gareth decided to head to St Bees, which is a small seaside town in Cumbria. The sun was shimmering and the sea was a brilliant blue.

Gareth even got me into the water (only for a paddle) because it was actually really hot and I'm one of those people that feel the cold easily, but I ended up taking off my jacket for a little while to enjoy the sun. 

Dress and rings both from Primark 
Jacket from Love Label
Sunglasses from vintage shop in Edinburgh
Necklace from Topshop

We then climbed up a huge cliff called 'the head' a little out of breathe and windswept but the views were so rewarding. Walks and outings like this with the people you love really bring you down to earth and recognise where you are, they help you breathe and take everything in and the stresses that you felt that day disappear for that small moment when you feel as free as a bird. 

The summer has only just begun and I couldn't be happier with how it's turning out so far, hopefully there will be so many more moments like this and we discover more and more beautiful places like this. I think my gap year has finally, properly begun because I actually feel free to do anything I want (within a budget) haha 

How have you been spending your first days of summer ?

See you all soon 

xx

  




6 comments

  1. Pictures are amazing,and your hair is gorgeous!
    Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are so gorgeous! You look so lovely. :) x

    Angela | The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Thankyou you're too kind :} I love your blog btw x

      Delete
  3. Your first days of summer look so blissful! I also love autumn and it's by far my favourite seasons because of the changing leaves and crisp air, but summer is a close second. I've been biking to work lately to enjoy the warmer weather and I eat every meal on the back deck. Can't wait to go camping and maybe swim in the lake...all quintessential summer activities :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great to see the sun again after so long, I do agree with you. Aw that sounds great summer can give you the best memories :}

      Delete