A Not So Blue Monday

Tuesday, 26 August 2014



This Monday was a little strange, filled with crosses and quilts more on that later. Here are the things that made me particularly happy this Monday:

-The lie in and lazy morning I got to spend with my Mum
-The quilt exhibition and workshop we visited and now I want to make quilts to wrap myself in when it gets colder. I definitely going to have a go at making them. 
-The little rats we saw at pets at home that stole my heart away
-The veggie wrap from McDonalds I consumed 
-The strange walk we went on that we'd never been before: A local man has recently (without planning permission) constructed a 9ft crucifix on the top of the slag banks in a local town near by to commemorate his wife. The council have already told him to take it down, so we wanted to go and see it for ourselves before it's gone (things like this are exciting in Cumbria) I myself find it a little oppressing and strange but there is nice sentiment behind it as local people have started attaching pad locks to the monument and writing their loved ones names on them which I think is lovely. The view itself was beautiful and the grey clouds and close atmosphere made for a very moody and effective photo. 

How was your Monday ? 


4 comments

  1. wow that's strangely beautiful. what an interesting experience.

    http://exploringwardrobes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just randomly found your blog, love this post, you write beautifully! And a quilt exhibition sounds amazing ha!

    LondonBeautyxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much and yeah it really was I just wanted to roll myself into a swiss roll they looked so cozy and beautiful :} x

      Delete