The Liebster Award

Friday, 8 August 2014

Source: http://magicznykociolek.blox.pl/2013/11/Seromakowiec.html

I am so new to this blogging thing I didn't even know what this was (literally thought it was like a proper award with prizes) So I had to do some research on this one I tell you !
Anyway, basically this scheme is kind of like a chain mail, you get nominated, answer questions and then nominate other people that you believe deserve the award, tell them that you've nominated them and it will go on and on etc etc. It's a great way to find new bloggers and find out a little bit about them and getting your blog some new readers.  

Thank you so much to Matilda and Emily for nominating me, they both have great blogs and I'm glad they're pretty new to this too so we can go on this journey together !

These are the things you have to do in order:

  • Link back to the person (or people) that nominated you in the first place 
  • Write 11 facts about yourself, allowing people to know more about you 
  • Answer 11 questions given by the previous nominator 
  • Let your 11 nominees know that you have nominated them and write 11 different questions for them to answer. 
Here are 11 facts about me which I found so hard to write about I'm so not an interesting person !
  1. I have been a vegetarian for 6 years
  2. My favourite season is probably autumn 
  3. I'm half Irish
  4.  My taste in music is centered mostly around the lyrics, a song can't be good without intelligent lyrics
  5. I have two cats that I love dearly 
  6. I only have four pairs of shoes
  7. I currently work two jobs  
  8. The best memories I have were made at music festivals and being by the sea with my friends 
  9. I have been volunteering at an animal shelter for around 12 years now 
  10. I am terrified of deep water and I can't swim
  11. In my gap year I did not travel, instead I took a photography course and hated it 


My answers to Emily's Questions:

1. Why did you start blogging ?

I had wanted to start a blog for a while but I was always too busy and was a little scared of putting it out there into the big, wide internet world. I love to write and read and I just love the whole sense of community that this hobby comes with. So when I lost my previous job I bit the bullet and created it and I love it so much, can't keep away from my keyboard at the moment, even though I'm busier now than ever !

2. What is your biggest life achievement ?

Wow ! Deep question, erm I don't really know how to answer this one, I'm only 19 but I would say the simple answer of being actually happy with myself and where I am, even though it's a strange place (Gap year) and being altogether a little more confident than a few years ago. Apart from that probably getting my Alevels, even though they were average they marked a huge milestone in growing up and moving on for me.

3. What is your favourite type of blog post to write ?

Probably posts relating to issues that I like to talk about, be it feminism, campaigns or just general problems that everybody goes through, I love to discuss and write and hopefully help people in the long run.

4. Who are your main inspirations ?

I don't really have one, like I would probably have to put someone famous but famous people can be arseholes too like John Lennon did a lot of good things and I look up to him but he was sometimes a total dick to people so; same with Morrisey I kind of love the old Morrisey but now he's so arrogant and he just needs to not make public opinions anymore. If I was to look up to a current celeb it would have to be Jennifer Lawrence because she is just the famous girl that acts like she isn't famous and she's so grounded and actually seems to be the only person in Hollywood that speaks any sense.

Being serious though the people I look up to are the people around me, I look up to my boyfriend because he's an amazing human being and I look up to my friends because they're all inspiring in so many ways (ew excuse me while I throw up in my mouth but yeah)

5. Where did the inspiration for your blog name come from ?

My Tumblr name is 'marbleyes' which is taken from a Mumford and Sons lyric 'with skin too tight and eyes like marbles you spin me high' - Lover of the Light Mumford and Sons. The song made me cry the first time I heard it and now I seem to be emotionally attached. So my blog name is a mixture of a name I get which is 'the moon' because I have an incredibly round face, like it's almost symmetrical and I'm really pale and I don't know when or how it happened but apparently I am 'the moon' and I don't mind being the moon so I expanded it. So I took my tumblr name and then put 'moon' instead of 'eyes' and wola ! And then I made artwork to go with it but I'm still not sure about that.

6. 3 Must have beauty products ?

Collection lasting perfection concealer obvs, Tangle teaser, Rimmel eyebrow pencil in chestnut

7. What is your favourite blog post you've written so far and why ?

Probably My Ultimate Love for Vinyl Records post, it was so fun to write and I felt I was really passionate about it because I do really love music and vinyls and I intend to write more posts like that.

8. Where would you like to travel in the world ?

ITALY ! And hopefully I'm going next year in May and I'm so incredibly excited !

9. Happiest moment in your life so far ?

Wow another deep one ! I can't pick, I literally sat infront of my keyboard for 15 minuits and I literally can't pick, I am so lucky to have an amazing boyfriend and friends and most of the moments in my life are happy and I think the most happiest I would like to keep between me and myself because they are just too treasured to share.

10. Favourite scent ?

Wet pavements in the summertime, Gareth's new aftershave and coconut

11. If you woke up tomorrow and could do absolutely anything, what would you do ?

Probably learn to drive (or just be able to drive that would be easier) buy a VW and just drive everywhere around the world with Gareth and my friends. I would also like to record an album, I know it's strange but I would just love to have that opportunity to produce something and send it out into the world. I would also like to be able to time travel, just to undo all of those awkward and embarrassing moments that normally happen daily in my life. And the last one, I would buy a nice house and decorate it, you have no idea how excited I am to be able to buy something and fill it with things I love.

Here are my nominations:

Emily - human-qualities.blogspot.co.uk
Antonella - beautylove7694.blogspot.co.uk
Millie - smudgesofthoughts.blogspot.co.uk
Amelia - stripeyjane.blogspot.co.uk
Emily May - thevelvetwonder.blogspot.co.uk
Bryony - the-life-edit.blogspot.co.uk
Moriah - purelybeingher.blogspot.co.uk
Kasope - clothing-conscious.blogspot.co.uk
Alice - www.thevelvetblack.co.uk
Beth - www.alphabeth.co.uk
Beccy - www.bluebellandbumpkin.com
   
And here are my questions to you:


  1. How have you spent your summer ?
  2. What's your favourite social network site ?
  3. What is your favourite past time ?
  4. Got any exciting plans for the future ?
  5. Favourite animal ?
  6. What age were you happiest ?
  7. How do you relax ?
  8. Favourite recipe ?
  9. Favourite skincare product ?
  10. Favourite haircare product ?
  11. What is your dream style of living space ?

If you would like to comment once you've completed it that would be much appreciated because I want to read them. 

So there you go, sorry my questions are a little crap I can't think of good ones, have fun filling it in and spreading the word !



Post a Comment