A Not So Blue Monday

Tuesday, 2 September 2014


This Monday the things that made me particularly happy were:

-Gareth's new glasses, what can I say (perf)
-The walk me and Gareth's dog Domino had, we had a little adventure in the sun 
-The tiramisu we made, the recipe's so easy here you go:

A whole container of whipping cream
Half a bar of milk chocolate 
A whole packet of ladies finger (or almond fingers we found out)
A cafetiere of fine coffee 

1. After the coffee has been cafetiered pour a small amount into a bowl 
2. Dip the cakey fingers in the coffee, make sure they are soaked through but not soggy
3. Whip the whipping cream and add sugar (this according to Gareth makes chantilly cream ooo ) add as much sugar as you want, we made this up 
4. Add some grated chocolate to the mixture 
5. Place the soaked sponge into a nice dish and a tiny bit more coffee (a tiny bit more like)
6. Take the cream and spread ontop of the sponge, smooth down with a spatula 
7. sprinkle the rest of the grated chocolate on top (or if you're like Gareth make fancy chocolate swirls) 
8. Sprinkle a small amount of coffee for decoration and pop in the fridge 

-The night time stroll we had along the beach, I love going down to the beach at night. It's so silent apart from the waves crashing. Don't go down on your own though because you may slip on some seaweed and that wouldn't be pretty. 

That was my Monday
How was yours ?


4 comments

  1. Ooo I love tiramisu, your one looks so yummy! I'll have to give your recipe a go!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too now :} ! and it really was for a made up recipe thank you x

      Delete
  2. The tiramisu looks delicious! I might give it a go! I also love to go to the beach at night, It's so quiet and nice! One thing that I would actually love to do is skinny dipping in the ocean at 3 am *cheeky smile* but the water must be so cold at night! ahah maybe one day, who knows! :) love,Jo.

    http://ijoanaemma.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :} and I'de love to have the confidence to do that but seems as I can't swim, swimming in the sea at night would be a terrible idea haha x

      Delete