Soap & Glory - The Righteous Butter | Review

Friday, 12 September 2014


Bored ? Lost that rubbing feeling? Why not try.. The Righteous Butter! Ah this stuff has been my go-to body moisturiser for a while now. Since my Mum bought me a small pot for Christmas it's all I've been using and as soon as my small pot ran out I bought a giant 300ml to replace it ASAP. I have already talked about this stuff in my monthly favourites which you can read here but I think it now deserves a full review. 

This time last year I was going about my day without using a body butter or body moisturiser (shock horror!) I just didn't see the difference when I used them and thought they were a complete waste of money. But after my Mum bought me the small tester tub of this Righteous Butter for Christmas I haven't turned back. After every shower or bath I apply this all over my body (oo cheeky!) but no really this stuff makes my skin feel so much more well righteous in a way, they were right all along. I especially focus on the backs of my arms and my chest area as these are the driest parts of my body especially after a particularly hot shower I develop these incredibly dry patches of skin, almost like eczema. The backs of my arms also suffer with acute coldness, I don't know why but the backs of my arms are always freezing cold and goose-bumpy, I have no idea what causes it because it's not like a just walk around in vests all day! I think it's either a circulation thing or maybe a pale person thing, do let me know if your arms also suffer with acute coldness. Anyway, adding this body butter to my after shower routine has really calmed down the dry patches and goose bumps which is great. However that isn't the only reason why I re bought this moisturiser. 


I also re bought it for the smell, oh my goodness the smell! I'm terrible at describing smells so I thought I would save you the hassle of my rambling explanation on what it smells like and just research it. According to the Boots website it has aromas of leafy greens, bergamot and mandarin which I would completely agree with because it smells so fresh but as soon as you rub into the skin you get notes of soft, sexy musk, oakmoss, amber and woody notes which will be great for the winter months. The smell and the softness lasts all day, and I have had compliments especially from my boyfriend about smelling so good.


The only small problem I have with this formula is just the time it takes to sink in, I kind of find myself either standing in my bathroom waiting for it to sink in, or I take to lying on bed feeling fresh as a daisy but having to wait to put clothes on. The wait is worth it though because once it has sunk in it instantly dries and you feel so silky soft all day. And even after waking from a nights sleep before showering in the morning your softness still feels band new. As soon as I apply this formula I feel like I will have a better day, it's a little treat for my body that leaves me feeling as righteous as a royal. 

☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

9 moons out of 10

I would love to hear about your experiences with the Righteous Butter if you've used it ?
If not do you want to after this review ?




4 comments

  1. I keep hearing about this body butter, but the thing putting me off purchasing it is the fact it is a butter - I have the same problem with The Body Shop body butters. Sometimes, heck a lot of the time, I don't want to wait for the cream to sink in to my skin. I haven't actually tried any of the Soap & Glory range, would like to give something a go, so maybe this product will be a good place to start. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think that seems to be the problem with all body butters though sadly, oh please do try the other soap and glory products they smell amazing especially now it's coming up to winter and pamper times :) sorry for the late reply x

      Delete
  2. I really liked this body butter! I bought a travel-sized tube after forgetting to bring anything moisturising away with me and was really pleasantly surprised :) I love the scent x

    Megan / pixiecrop.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah the scent is amazing and it's great for all seasons too :) sorry for the late reply x

      Delete