A Not So Blue Monday

Tuesday, 28 October 2014


Well it's been a long ol' time since I've done one of these! I've just been so busy with uni and making new friends and settling in and work and assignments etc. but I'm here now for another Monday post (even though it's Tuesday)

I have decided to change this wee blog post, just a little. You see this post normally documents my Mondays, just one day and what I do on that day. But due to the fact that ever Monday I have a day full of lectures until around 5 o'clock or later, I can't fit anything in that's worth posting. Because of this I have decided to make this post a round up of my week and express all the little and big things that happened for the whole week. I just think it will be more exciting for you to read and it wont be as monotonous as a post about every Monday, me going to my lectures, going home, doing work and sleeping oh how exciting !

The things that made me particularly happy this week are:

- Spontaneous nights out with friends, well isn't that what uni's about? I quiet drink turns into you rolling home at 4 in the morning.
 -  The amount of tomato soup I have actually eaten, it's Autumn and I'm excited, okay?
- The little cluster of vintage and antique shops I came upon. It's so magical, like a tiny village crammed into an old church and the clothes and the collectibles are to die for.


- The beautiful walk I took in the local park with my camera, you can look at these here
- The fact I went shopping and a two week shop only came to around £20 (bargain hunter here)
- I obtained a job at a local retail store (yeyyy I can feed myself)
- The fact that Made in Chelsea is back but what the hell are these outfits and hats at the moment ?! Get your shit together Proudlock!
- That it's getting colder and I can layer up and not feel stuffy anymore 
- The banana cake/bread I made from scratch, even though I thought it was disgusting my flat mates loved it (I know it looks burnt but it was real nice, apparently)


- I'm finally catching up on the new American Horror Story 
- The fact it's a reading week this week so I get to go home for a few days and cuddle my cats 

What I have been listening to:

Alt J // This is all yours (the whole album)
George Ezra // Barcelona 
Johnny Cash // Like a Soldier 
James Bay // If You Ever Want to be in Love
Hozier // From Eden 

How was your Monday ?





6 comments

  1. I love this and that you're highlighting fun and positive things! Congrats on the job and I actually do want to taste that banana bread :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyou so much it really means a lot :) and it did taste strange mind you, I think too many bananas were the problem hahaa ! :)

      Delete
  2. Great way of changing your post around, I love reading things like this :)
    Nothing better than tomato soup, I agree on that one!
    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thakyou and oh I know I've been living off the stuff hahaa !

      Delete
  3. I love Alt Js album.

    Where do you study? That village looks lovely. I miss the drinks to the pub that turned into a full on night out!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too I haven't stopped listening to it ! and I study at The University of Cumbria and I know they're always the best nights out :)

      Delete