A Not So Blue Monday

Monday, 3 November 2014


This week has consisted of spending time at home with my beloved kittys, reading, writing and enjoying  the Autumnal celebrations. The things that have made me particularly happy this week are:

- Being able to go home. I love living so close to home, because when I want to nip up home in reading weeks I can, I love having that choice. 

- Being greeted by my big eyed dumbo Louie (he is a cat btw) After the initial shock of me coming home and ignoring me for 2 hours for abandoning them I got a lovely forgiving greeting and lots of cuddles. 

- Having wine and a crack with my Mum in the kitchen at 2 in the morning, I've missed that more than I realised.  

- Being in a double bed, oh my goodness, pure luxury after so long.

- Winter cuddles, because my room is colder than I remember, I'm glad Gareth was there to do his job and keep me warm!

-  Beginning a new book, I'm now reading 'Only Ever Yours' by Louise O'Neill after reading many incredible things about it from other fellow blogs, really enjoying it so far. 

- Going out dressed as Mufasa for Halloween, I re-vamped my skimpy little lion costume into something more modest, I can't believe it still fits from year 9! 2 for 1 cocktails until 3 in the morning suited me rather nicely and having a talk with a zebra in the girls toilets was also fun, I love Halloween so much. 

- The fact my best pal Georgia came through to watch the Carlisle Fireshow. We have been going to this fire show for around 4 years, but I tell you that it really wasn't the same without everyone there. But it was a plus that I didn't have to get the terrifying two carriage, 1000 person train home *shudder* 


What I have been listening to:

Ben Howard // I Forget Where We Were - I know I said I was having a musical affair with Alt J but as soon as this album hit my CD player I was hooked, the lyrics are like gold, the album flows and I love it so much I might have to make a little review so watch this space. I love you Ben.  

How was your Monday ?



Post a Comment