A Not So Blue Monday

Monday, 9 March 2015


Today has not been exciting at all, not only that but the last week wasn't exciting at all. But I'm going to try my best because I always do a Monday post (even if sometimes it is days late!) I've been stressed, stressed to the point of no sleep and forgetting how to look after myself, I went home a few days to re-rejuvenate, sometimes you just need to. The first year at Uni is nearly finished, meaning that assignment deadlines are coming to an end and I'm even hoping that it will be summer soon, which is sacrilege to all my 'I love winter so much' posts, but is going to be great, roll that on fast I say! Here are the things that made me particularly happy this week:

- Drawing again, during a break from my research report that I seem to have been writing for hours, I created this little doodle whilst watching my new fave program 'the big painting challenge' it's a little rendition of  Kate Powell's 'scatter brain' I saw the image the other day and really wanted to draw it for a while so I treated myself to a creative break. Can you tell I miss doing an art course?

-Being able to go home for the weekend and see Gareth's new home. Due to my completely sleepless night on Friday I phoned into work and told them I couldn't function and they told me to take it easy so I went with Gareth to his new house and slept all day and he bought me chocolates and we watched Jackass. The perfect form of therapy. 

- Knowing that I don't have to re-apply  for student finance. When you're a student it's the little things, like knowing that I don't have to go through the same ordeal as last year when they got first, my address wrong and second the amount of money they were giving me. Oh yeah and also being on hold for 2 hours wasn't fun either (I hope you can hear this student finance) I'm sure that many will agree. 

- Seeing my mum on her birthday and knowing she likes the little drawing I did for her. 

What I have been listening to:

A lot of Leonard Cohen (Yes it was one of those weeks)


How was your Monday?


Post a Comment