A Not So Blue Monday

Wednesday, 22 April 2015


Yes it is Wednesday and yes, I am writing this in the sun so if there are any grammar and spelling mistakes I do apologise, but the sun is out in England and when the sun comes out we are taught not to waste it so I've taken my laptop (and it's incredibly dim screen) outside to soak up the sun. This week has been full of spontaneous nights out and short shifts at work. These are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:

-Going on a trip to Newcastle and seeing the Wombats. I love our little getaways to a cheap hotel and a good vibe indie gig, it's my favourite place to be. I also managed to steer away from Primark and all things shopping in general, which is a great achievement for me seems as we have no Primark at home. Instead we did cultural things like a walk along the Quayside and a trip to the Baltic Contemporary Art Museum and don't forget a cheeky trip to Nandos. All in all it was a great trip, despite being ill with a cold and taking £40 out of a strange and dodgy cash machine and it evidently not coming out of the cash machine, whilst the owner was no help and kept telling me it was 'not his problem' Don't worry after many an argument with the bank I am getting my money back, soon hopefully. Here are some photos from the trip that I took on m phone:






- The fact that I have my last lecture on Thursday and I just get to relax while occasionally going to work through the summer, bring it on!

- On Tuesday we went for a quiet drink in Spoons which ended up with us going to a nightclub and returning home at 4 o'clock in the morning. I was dressed in a dress, tights, cardigan and brogues; preferably not nightclub attire.But did I care? Nope it was a brilliant night despite the choice of clothing and having a rave in a cardigan. 

- Started my first class of Yoga, I ended up just biting the bullet and going on my own. I'm so proud of myself for attending the class on my own, we did forward bends and I found out that I was not the least flexible in the class. The class is great and worth the money and the instructors are lovely. 

-The fact Game of Thrones is back. I didn't find the first episode too exhilarating though, not like the start of season 4 at all. But understand it has been a long time and they needed to do a little recap episode, hopefully it will be back to normal next week.

How was your Monday?









Post a Comment