Eighteen | The Past Six Days

Monday, 18 May 2015


I'm not really sure how to begin this. I was doing pretty well with this blogging-everyday-in-May lark but alas, this past half of a week has been a little hellish. It was my Birthday on Wednesday which was spent decorating my cake and being truly spoiled rotten by my boyfriend. Everything was well in the world and Thursday got off to a good start as well, I just pottered around the house until it was time for work, I met a few horrible people at work but that was completely normal and I was in a great mood, we then got ready that night to go out and I was excited about the prospect of having a proper night out with not only my friends but my boyfriend. We had a great pre-drinking session and headed off to the pubs and clubs and all that, when we hit the last club, I have to say I was pretty drunk, but I knew exactly what I was doing (bare this in mind). 

I popped to the toilet and that's when everything went black and I fell to the floor in a haze of dizziness and confusion, I couldn't get up, I couldn't hear myself speak, all I knew is that this wasn't my doing. I had been spiked. My Birthday and someone was kind enough to spike my drink with a very vicious date rape drug. I will write a full post about this at some point but lets say from then on the night wasn't very pleasant, I managed to not go to hospital, I was looked after by everyone and got put to bed, it could have been a whole lot worse, but it has still shocked me. The next day I spent nurturing the worst hangover I have ever had, it was like double the amount of pain and regret I normally feel when hungover. 

I only properly recovered yesterday as the drugs stay in the system for 72 hours. I am now terrified of even taking a drink in a bar or club and trust no-one, many people told me that I needed to go out again to the place where I got spiked before it is too late and I would feel like I could never go there again. My brain works like that you see, when something bad happens somewhere, that's it; everytime I go to that place the same thing will happen again, even though I know this is completely illogical it doesn't stop me thinking it. I did go out, but stayed off the alcohol as I still felt very strange and woozy, I drank green tea and watched everyone around me have their personality changed as they got drunker, it was an experience and I can't say I enjoyed being sober on a night out because you feel tired earlier and extremely aware of your bad dancing, but I'm proud of my self that I can feel like I don't need to drink to have a good time. 

This experience has opened my eyes and I have needed many days to recover from it, sometimes things happen to you which you never thought would. Getting my drink spiked was one of them, you can never be too careful. 

I hope you understand the reason for my absence. I'll be back bright eyed and bushy tailed soon I'm sure. 


   

Post a Comment