A Not So Blue Monday

Monday, 1 June 2015


It's been a while. And I have an apology to make, mostly to myself really. I failed the challenge I set myself for blogging everyday, rather spectacularly, missing out weeks in advance and so on. I wanted to do a blog post everyday because when I began I thought I needed more content on this blog for it to be enjoyable and it would hopefully gain more of an interest in the blogging sphere. I know this is the completely wrong way to look at things and blogging is something I should just enjoy doing, no matter how many people I have who read it. With this pressure I put on myself it began to feel more like homework than a hobby and I just lost all interest in what I wanted to put up on this little corner of the internet I call my own. I wanted the wrong things when I began doing this everyday thing and lost my path in a way really. But I'm back and now I've had a break, this feels a lot more fun and I don't even care if I didn't complete my everyday challenge, it just makes me happy that I have all this planned out content that I can gradually get through. I also don't care about who reads this and how many numbers I have in my followers box thingy, I only comment on blogs that I genuinely have something to say, not to gain followers and I only follow blogs I genuinely like, which is a great place to be I'd say. I might do an everyday challenge again, when I know my head's in the right place and I'm doing it for better reasons. 

Here are the things that made me particularly happy this week:

- The yellow rain mac I bought - Yellow isn't normally the colour I go for, I have one yellow thing and that's a burnt mustardy jumper. But I have had quite an obsession with this particular waterproof jacket for a while now and as soon as I had enough money I bought it and it's everything I hoped it would be. I love it when that happens, when you expect something to be great and it actually is. It's a rare occurrence but when it happens (this is getting deep now, come on Ciara it's just a raincoat). 

- Watching Submarine and drinking wine - I was home for a while and so was my beautiful friend Emily so she came over and we drank lots of wine and ate takeaway noodles and I introduced her to Submarine and the wonder of Richard Ayoade as a director, hands up if you agree!

- Cocktails with friends - More Birthday celebrations ensued and I drank a lot and ended up bringing home half a 20 inch pizza. 

- Walkers mix-up spicy crisps- I don't normally like spicy, but in crisps, yes. And with all the different crisps in one bag, it's like eating an adventure of spice. (It's usually what I'm found eating during my breaks at work). 

- Having a bath - As many people at Uni also experience, when you're in your first year and are in halls you probably will be stripped of a luxury which is a bath and boy oh boy does it feel good when you finally get home and it's just sat there in the bathroom where it's supposed to be. Especially when you have a box of Lush Birthday gifts, heaven. 

- The fact that a dog won Britain's Got Talent - I normally watch these kind of shows to scowl and complain about, but the collie that won warmed up my heart and it's just funny that a program specifically built for talented humans was won by a dog who has no idea what's going on and just aims to please, I think we should all take something from this, honestly. 

What I have been listening to: 

George Ogilvie - I have been listening and watching this man's covers since I searched Youtube for acoustic covers back in 2012 and the fact that he's just brought his own EP out is just amazing and it's just perfect in every single way. 


                                       



Post a Comment