Dear, Little Pink Room

Tuesday, 30 June 2015



Dear, Little Pink Room 

I just wanted to say it was a pleasure sleeping and inhabiting in your little environment, although you were small, you had enough space to make into a home and I am thankful for that. You were always warm, even in the depths of winter and your huge windows allowed so much natural light and when the sunsets were beautiful, I didn't even have to go outside to speculate them. Your big windows and low windowsill also helped me keep my plants alive. The fact that you were just a thin roof above my ceiling didn't bother me, I used to love listening to the rain when I was all tucked up in bed, I found it extremely comforting. Your wardrobe and desk space have now made me realise that; hmm maybe I do need a wardrobe and a desk after all! You see I've never really had a proper wardrobe and now I am without one I don't know where to put my clothes. I filled up your notice boards well didn't I? Endless drawings from boring lectures and various flyers I collected through freshers week. Oh little pink room I'm so sorry about freshers week, I'm sure you've probably seen worse, but me being sick in the shower and then sleeping in it was probably not one of your favourite moments! Ah your shower, that I could never really fit into, it's fair to say I'm not going to miss that. I am also going to rarely miss your pink walls and blue interior, although I did learn to live with it. You've given me some great memories but you've also seen some of my downward spirals, such as crying into an essay at 3 o'clock in the morning, you've also seen my yoga demonstrations most mornings and I dread to think what that looks like! It's strange to think that you will be given to a new person next year, someone as scared and as full of anticipation as me, maybe they will leave half way through, or come from a different country, I'll probably never find out, but I'm sure they'll have fun pulling all the ginger hair out of the carpet. Little room, your pink walls became home for me and for that I am eternally grateful, getting you made me meet great people and have some amazing memories and my name will always be on your door in permanent marker no matter how much the next resident likes it! You were small but you were all I needed, I hope you look after the next person as much as you did me. I'm really going to miss you little room. 




2 comments

  1. This is such a sweet room and really resonated with me because my childhood room had pink walls too, oh nostalgia.. I love your writing style so much, really thought provoking, lyrical and whimsical. xxxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete