Dear July...

Friday, 31 July 2015


First of all can I say July, you've been too cold. I normally hate the Summer time and the stagnant heat but I do like to experience those couple of weeks, just so I can say that I have had a Summer. But this year you've really kept our sun away, hopefully you're storing it up for August/Septemeber when I'm off work, yes? July you've been a great month overall, you began with a trip to London as a late Birthday present from my Auntie, there I saw The Harry Potter Studio Tour and The Savage Beauty Alexander McQueen Exhibition, we also had a little wander around Oxford Street and Covent Garden, saw Les Miserables in The Queens Theatre and even experienced my first Tube journey! It was a packed full three days but I absolutely loved it and really started the month off on a positive. Knowing I can cope going to London and being in a packed train full of people and even walk down a busy city street has really opened my eyes to what I can actually achieve with my anxiousness. When we got back from London the next few weekends were full of work and various trips to cocktail bars and even a trip to the Lake District which, I always forget is directly on my doorstep and after visiting there again I promised never to take it for granted again, I live in a beautiful place and I need to appreciate it more. Speaking of appreciation I will say this July, you've given us some amazing sunsets and I'm so glad I can just nip down to the beach with my friends and watch them, there is nothing, and I mean nothing better than a Cumbrian sunset! July, you also opened my eyes and started my vegan journey, that's right I am becoming vegan. It just seems silly to me that I have been a vegetarian for almost 9 years now but still buy products that give money to the meat industry. This month has been a month for research and the things I found has really opened my eyes into the dairy industry especially. Slowly going vegan has made me feel more re-vitalised and I am full of energy, also July you bring the (almost) sunny weather, but you also bring the delicious in season fruit with you, I've been living off watermelons and strawberries, perfect July food! I also spontaneously attended a Call and Response open night and returned home with an official certificate in CPR, something that is an incredibly important thing to have especially if you are a student, it only took me an hour and you get freebies! You also brought along the annual music festival that comes to my local town, which also brings along lots of drinking, sun (usually) and great local bands. Also Blues Festival encourages everybody from your school that you appear to have forgotten about to come out of the woodwork, there's only so many times you can say 'oh I didn't realise you were pregnant again' or 'Is such-and-such still in jail?' It was a great weekend with great people and great drinks and didn't I mention that I managed to get it off work? That was a plus. 

July you've been great, even though it was slightly cold. I've achieved a lot and I have been able to spend time with the people that I like the most. It was like being off from school on my summer holidays again! More months like this one please. 

How was your July?



2 comments

  1. It really has been rubbish weather this month! I still have so many summer clothes I'm not done wearing yet so I hope it picks up a bit before the proper winter kicks in. Hope you had a good month, here's to August xx

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has and yes, that's the only reason I'm finding it annoying being a winter person. Lets hope there are some lovely days this month to wear some pretty dresses before it gets too cold!

      Delete