A Not So Blue Monday

Tuesday, 18 August 2015


I am currently sitting in my garden, because the weather has realised that it is in fact Summer and therefore giving us the little bit of sun we all wanted. I am though, sitting in the shade because as you know, my views on hot weather are not very good. I do want a little bit of sun before it becomes fully winter, I'm not a monster. This week has been full of facepainting and fannying' about to be honest. Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:

- Being booked for my first gig - That's right, my practicing through the winter has been worth it and on Tuesday I was offered a gig at a small festival, payed and all! I'm so excited to be singing again and even more excited, yet nervous that I have to do it all on my own. Better get practicing those Britney songs for our Stevie!

- Watching Ferris Bueller for the first time - I'm such a film buff but yet this classic seems to have always slipped under my nose. However I watched it this week because it was on telly and I absolutely loved it. It has definitely added itself to my list of favourite films, I loved all the characters and the aspect of breaking the 4th wall that's always a clever effect for me when it's done right and this film did it really well, can't wait to watch it again!

- A trip to the Lakes - As you know I live near the Lakedistrict and through this summer I've wanted to not take it for granted, so my mum and I  headed to the Lake District town of Keswick to do some shopping and walking and it was lovely and the views were beautiful. 

- Face painting and fun day - Yes, that's right I was trusted to paint children's faces and it was actually quite good fun, Emily and I raised a whole lot of money for the Haytoncastlefields funding and I didn't punch a child in the face which was a bonus! 

- Charity night after party - After a whole day of dealing with screaming children, we were in need of a drink or two and we sure did that. It was great to role home at half 2 and actually be at home without having to get a bus. Parties down the road more often please?! 

What I have been listening to:

Lianne La Havas - Her new album has just arrived and I'm in love with the summer vibe it brings along. My favourite song at the moment is 'What you don't do' it's so catchy. 







How was your Monday?


Post a Comment