Dear August...

Thursday, 3 September 2015


August, you've been very kind to us weather wise, especially towards the end of the month. You began with hard work and a big party, in a big castle down the road, what a way to kick off the month, playing cards against humanity with your actual neighbours and being able to actually walk home drunk, instead of having to get an hour long bus. August was also the time that I signed my first gig, it is coming up in a few weeks and I feel more than ready, been practicing almost everyday. However August, you haven't all been fun and games, you've played a little game of cat and mouse with us really, when it comes to organising some important things, it's nearly sorted now though and we can finally look to better times ahead. When I haven't been at work I've been trying to pack for my new house, however as I have stated before, it's pretty hard to pack for something that is weeks away, without having to un-pack everything. I can't start seriously packing yet until the time is nearer and that's frustrating when I have free time on my hands and can't seem to fill it with anything productive. August, even though I hate the summer weather, you do always bring something along with you at the end of the month, I live for this little local festival and have been going since 2009. When I was in school it would always be the mark of the end of the summer and a way to either celebrate or commiserate my exam results. And as I get older, it's importance hasn't faded away, it's now a way to spend quality time with the people I love the most, usually the last time before people go off to Uni and jobs. Yes it's a tiny festival compared to the others and yes the bands and music aren't well known, but Solfest will always have a special place in my heart and it's probably where most of my best memories have been made. So August, you've been grand and you always have a perfect end, now time to start wearing hats and scarves and burning spicy candles, I cannot wait. 

How was your August ?

    

Post a Comment