A Not So Blue Monday

Tuesday, 17 November 2015


This week has been full of stress, stress over the amount of work I have to do, stress over bills and electric companies and personal stress, just a whole lotta' stress. I am currently lying in bed with the worlds worst period pain, eating porridge and reading my favourite book at the moment, I will get up soon and tackle my obligations, but not right now. Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:

- A walk in a windy park- Having been at work for 5 days in a row and knowing I had a day off to do as I please, I finally had the time to seek out the park I had wanted to go to for a while. Google maps told me it was a 52 minute walk, but I found a 20 minute short cut right outside my house! I met lots of lovely dogs and sat on benches and just took in the scenery, it was nice to be with my own thoughts outside. We are currently doing a study at Uni about how nature helps a person's attention and I really do think it does, after my walk I managed to do much more work than I thought I would do that day!

- The Social Network- Yep I re-watched The Social Network, because I've only seen it once, just after to came out. I didn't know who David Fincher was or the genius that goes with his work, so I decided to watch it again with a more critical eye and it's now in my top favourite films list, much to the disgust of my housemate who thinks its 'crap' thankyou for your opinion, maybe keep it to yourself next time yeah? 

- Vegan chocolate brownies- I was in dire need of chocolate for reasons un-known, so I ventured to the shops, bought some Tesco chocolate bourbon spread (a vegan substitute for nutella) and created my own recipe (I literally just through everything in) and I have to say they were lovely. I nearly ate them all in one night!

- The Lady in the Van- I went to see this film with my Mum yesterday and I absolutely loved it, it was so surreal in some places and so realistic in others. Maggie Smith is amazing and it's like the role was made for her and the actor that plays Alan Bennet gets his personality down to a T! It's a hilarious but incredibly heart felt film with very clever concepts and staging (can really tell it was a play beforehand) I absolutely loved it. 

- Lunch with mum- We went to my favourite cafe and ate vegan chillie and just caught up on al the crack. It was lovely and even though we'd only seen eachother two weeks ago we still had so much to talk about. Seeing my mum has made me more and more excited for Christmas!

How was your Monday?



Post a Comment