Tiny Little Film Reviews

Tuesday, 10 November 2015


Because the nights are getting darker and the house I live in is getting colder, I have resorted to a blanket cocoon and around a million cups of green tea. But I need something to entertain whilst I'm in said cocoon so I decided to start watching a film a night when I had the time. Because I am a poor Uni student I had to stop buying DVD's but with help from Netlfix, Now TV and 'other' websites *guilty cough* I have managed to watch a lot of films that I have always wanted to see but have never had the funds or had time to watch. I kind of despise writing really long reviews and when I saw this brilliant idea on one of my favourite bloggers Charlotte's blog I thought I would lovingly inherit the idea, no stealing here. I started noting down the films I have watched on a long list on my phone and these are the films I have so far:

Obvious Child 


"You're dizzy because you played Russian roulette with your vagina" 
                                                                  - Hilarious and incredibly heartfelt, realistic and warm.
☽☽☽☽☽☽☽ - 8 moons


 Welcome to Me












"Come with me. Into another time that happened to me"
                                                                     - Bizarre, colourful and slightly eery.
☽ - 6 moons


Hector and the Search for Happiness 


                                                                           







"How many of us, I wonder, can recall that childhood moment when we experienced happiness as a state of being. That single moment of untarnished joy. That moment when everything in our world, inside and out, was alright. Everything was alright"
                                                                          - Enjoyable, quirky and scientific until the end.
☽- 9 moons 


The Virgin Suicides 












"What lingered after them was not life, but the most trivial list of mundane facts: a clock ticking on a wall, a room dim at noon, and the outrageousness of a human being thinking 
only of herself"
                          - Typical cult film, creepy and leaves you with many un-answered questions.

☽- 5 moons 


Blue Valentine 












"I like how you can compliment and insult somebody at the same time, in equal measure"
                                                                                           
                                                                                          - Melancholy, beautiful scenes with                                                                                                 underlying tension. 
☽- 8 moons 


Big Eyes















"From a distance you look like a painter, but up close there's not much there"
                                                                                            - Tim Burton toned down. 
☽- 7 moons


Amy













"Dad! Tony Bennet though!" 
                                       - Heartbreaking and makes you feel almost helpless, beautifully composed.

☽- 10 moons 


Montage of Heck 












"He'd always have to, like, do some kind of art, y'know, usually defacing something.  He never had, like, idle hands.  It just came out of him.  He had to express himself.
                         - An intimate look into Cobain's life, doesn't focus on his suicide, focuses                                           more on his successions and how he dealt with them, the animations are fantastic.

☽- 10 moons 



The last two films I watched have really started a new love for documentary type films which I didn't think I would enjoy, but both of them were amazing pieces of cinema so will definitely be watching more of those types of films. I hope you enjoyed my minuscule reviews and I will be sure to do more.

What are your favourite films at the moment?


5 comments

  1. Big Eyes has been on my list for ages! Thank you for this post and for your recommendations dear! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely watch it, even though it's not very Tim Burton'ey it's still really good!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ah it is really good, the soundtrack is great too!

      Delete
  3. i've only seen the virgin suicides and blue valentine, i really want to see big eyes and amy!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete