A Not So Blue Monday

Monday, 25 January 2016


Well it's been a long ol' while, I seemed to have hit a blogging writer's block and just became disinterested in it. But after settling back into Uni after Christmas I've decided to give it another go, I have missed it. Over Christmas I had a great time hanging out with family and friends, eating everything in sight and watching shit telly (what else is Christmas for?). After Christmas I was greeted with a whole lot of personal stress, which took up a lot of my time, but now that has slightly settled, it's time to get into the swing of things again. Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:

- Eating out twice in a week- When being away from Toby's and Nandos for almost a month, it only felt right to demolish meals from both one day after another! 

- Dark Places- The next Gillian Flynn novel to be turned into a film. It's miserable and dark with a bit of murder slipped in, just the way I like it. 

- Speaking of murder, Making a Murderer's good eh- We watched the whole series within three days, couldn't get enough, I love a good dose of mis-justice! My opinion? Avery was targeted because he was rural and ignorant, the police thought they had the upper hand, it was definitely Teresa's brother and he planted that key, fo' sho'. 

- Night outs in the snow- Yes, we braved the bad weather for cocktails, they must have been good cocktails, to be honest I can't really remember!

- Room- It is one of my favourite books of all time and now the film is one of favourite films of all time. It stayed very close to the book and didn't miss out any important details, the cinematography and the acting were top notch! Love love love. 

What I have been listening to:

Tom Rosenthal - He's big on Youtube and that's where I found him, his lyrics are clever and his tunes are whimsical and he has been the sound track to my week of lying in bed and feeling sorry for myself. 




I'm happy to be back 
How was your Monday?


Post a Comment