A Not So Blue Monday

Tuesday, 2 February 2016


This week has consisted of frantically house hunting, let downs in said house hunting and a lot of reading Japanese psychology reports on sleep disorders in children, yes what a fun week had by all. It's been stressful to say the least, but we have had a little glimmer of hope on the house front so that's hopefully going to be a little bit of good news. Here are the things that made me particularly happy this week:

-Warm salads- It's winter and the last thing you want to do is make a salad consisting only of extremely cold foods such as tomatoes and cucumbers. Warm it up abit and fry some onions and maybe some mushrooms, add spinach to the pan and dump on a tonne of quinoa, then finish with balsamic vinegar. Not the healthiest of salads but at least it's warm and comforting and wont make your teeth chatter while you're eating it. 

-Cat stickers- It's the little things and because of stress the little things have been important. I put cat stickers on my laptop, I put cat stickers on my diary, I put cat stickers on my camera, the book I'm currently reading. There are cat stickers everywhere and it brightens my day so I am happy about this situation. 

-Deutschland 83- My god this Tv series. Don't be fooled by the subtitles, they're easy to follow and it has really given me a new form of love for the German accent also it makes you feel cultured watching it because you know it's foreign and about important things that happened in history and all that jazz, but it's also got hot people and angsty teenagers. And not to mention the best 80's soundtrack since This is England and that's saying something. 

-Restorative yoga- Because my beloved beginners yoga class has been moved to Sundays and I can't attend because of work, I chose another class to attend. Restorative yoga is all about conserving energy and basically re-charging your batteries. It's a much slower practice and focuses more on breathing, you stay in poses for up to 20 minutes, focusing only on your breath. I thought I would hate it and find it boring but honestly it has made such a difference to a stressful week, just having an hour and a quarter to breath with your legs in the air and calming voices being nice to you is all you need to get through a bad week. I would really recommend this to people who tend to get stressed easier than others, especially people with an anxiety disorder, focusing on your breathing is one of the most important steps to recovery. 


How was your Monday?


  

4 comments

  1. Cat stickers everywhere sounds fantastic; do you have a picture of them?! It's so good to hear that, while your week's been stressful, you've found things to be happy about, Ciara.

    It's my first time on your blog and I'm smitten with it; I've followed in hopes of more (cat stickers, ha!)

    May | THE MAYDEN | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it really is you must try it! And yeah you can see them on my laptop on the photo heading and yeah well it is the little things that keep us going. Aw thank you so much that means a lot!

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of restorative yoga. Might have to do more research on that one

    Joyce // Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beneficial, especially when you're under a lot of stress.

      Delete