A Not So Blue Monday

Wednesday, 2 March 2016


This week has been full of relaxation and giving time back to myself. I am in this place at the moment where I don't have any deadlines that are stressfully close, so I have took this precious time to catch up on telly and books, paint some pictures and just chill really. I know that this wont last forever and it has been fun to be able to find time to do the things that are never at the top of your list. I am now however in bed with a raging temperature that my body is trying to fight, I'm in flu limbo I think, it's that crucial time when your getting ill but there is still hope that you don't get fully ill. This is why I'm re-cuporating and a day full of Harry Potter and eating fruit is ahead. Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:

-Fresh Meat- The new series has just started and as a treat to myself I have been catching up on all the old episodes. I just love the humour in this TV show and some of the stuff they get up to is incredibly relatable to a fellow Uni student. 

-The 1975- I bought their new album and was rather surprised at its content. Don't get me wrong I do love it but I was just abit let down with the amount of weird psychedelic instrumentals, however they will be good to listen to in bed when I can't sleep, very calming. My favourite songs from the album are UGH, Nana, The sound and Paris. Matty Healy though. 

-Being at home- I seem to be spending an awful lot of time at home at the moment but I guess when you live only an hour away from home, you are going to end up there more. My neighbours have been very ill and they have a horse that they can't look after at the moment so my mum has been stepping in to look after him and I came to lend a hand. So much so that when I was in Uni yesterday and reached into my coat pocket, loads of hay fell out. The country bumkin in me loves looking after animals and being outside and the site that Tommy (the horse) is on has many other animals and it's owned by a good friend of mine which means I have permission to cuddle all of said animals, even the brain damaged goose who spins around in circles. 

-This Photo- Yep it's the most terrifying thing I have ever seen and it had me roll around on the floor in fits of laughter. Snapchat face swap is the greatest thing ever. 

-Vintage Fair- On Sunday I went to Judy;s Affordable Vintage Fair, they tour all around the country and invite vintage shop and market owners. I go every year because I love abit of vintage and this year didn't disappoint, I picked up a lovely, yet garish 80's jumper which my Mum absolutely hates but I'm in love with it and some Levi shorts that make my arse look fabulous for £8! Now for Levi's that's a bargain, they are definitely going to be my go-to summer shorts. 


 Now I'm going to make another cup of tea and bury myself in blankets to try and sweat out this temperature, ew. 
How was your Monday?






3 comments

  1. Lovely post! I was slightly let down by the 1975 album. I loved their first one so so much but this one isn't the same :(

    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I hope you're feeling better, Ciara. The new Snapchat filter had me rolling in fits of laughter too! Have a lovely week! x

    MAY | WWW.THEMAYDEN.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I am now! And omg it's the best thing ever hahaha!

      Delete