A Not So Blue Monday

Tuesday, 15 March 2016


This week has consisted of  a few down days to be honest, but a few up ones as well (you've got to get that balance right). I've been recovering from what I think was tonsillitis so I haven't had a lot of energy but I also have been finding it hard to sleep, it's such a vicious cycle.  Apart from that I've just been taking it easy and watching what I believe is a lot of Tv series all at once and now my brain keeps getting the plots mixed up, that's when you know you're watching too many at once. Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:

-Buying stuff to put on my face- Yep, it's that simple the winter months always notoriously piss off my skin and it's just been so dry. I also ran out of bb cream so I've just been using concealer and just smearing it all over my face which can't really be good. So I repurchased my fave Bodyshop bb cream and went to Lush for help and guidance about my skin. I really respect the opinions of the people at Lush and they told me to try out the Eau Roma toner water , they suggested because I already use the 9 to 5 cleanser, to start washing off my cleanser with this water instead of normal tap water. This will hopefully stop the dry patches and reduce the redness that is creeping into my cheeks, let's hope it works. I also bought two beautiful lipsticks and a lovely lip balm, talk about treating yo' self. 

-Thirteen- It's one of the many Tv series I have been watching, the one that I keep getting mixed up with everything else. I think all the series I'm watching all revolve around crime and the police I don't know. All I know is that this series is amazing and it's the first series BBC 3 have released online only and it appears to be going down well. All I'm going to say is that if you liked the film Room and have a slightly macabre obsession with Josef Fritzel this is the Tv series for you! (Round of applause for my selling technique there).  

-Crufts- I love Crufts, I watch it every year and although it can be pretty controversial, it's a lot better than it used to be and has really raised awareness for rescue dogs and vulnerable breeds which can only be a good thing. It was also so nice to see Rottweilers and Boxers with beautiful long tails now that tail docking is illegal, it;s come very far lets just say that. I also now have the same obsession I get every year of owning a really fast collie and starting a flyball team, it will happen one day. So there's me living my #student life curled up on the sofa with a glass of wine watching stuck up people parade their ridiculous looking dogs around, I loved every minute of it. 

What I have been listening to:

The 1975- I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it

Can we first just appreciate the album title! Matty Healy is a poet and although it's a lot different than their last album I think it really shows how far they've come in a short space of time. I'm obsessed with this album and now listen to it every night before bed, I also do yoga to it (well some of the songs) I just think it's so calming and thought provoking and different, perfect. 

How was your Monday?




Post a Comment