A Not So Blue Monday

Monday, 7 March 2016


This week has consisted of being ill, the ill-est I've been in a long time. It was the kind of ill that knocks you back and all you can do is run back to your mother and let her feed you soup until you can go and adult again. It's been that kind of ill, I think in the end it was tonsillitis but before that I think it might have been the flu, that's right a double wammy', completely shot down in my prime. But I am recovering now, it'll take me a while and my voice still sounds like an old man who smokes 90 a day, but I have more energy and I'm just looking forward to getting back to normal and wearing actual clothes and makeup again! Here are the things that have made me happy this week:

-How to Get Away With Murder- Because of said illness I needed a new TV program to binge and I have heard all about this from my friends so I put the pilot on. 5 hours later I was completely hooked and had to force myself to go to bed. I love almost all the characters I love how no one's predominantly good and I like how it kind of teaches you about being a defence lawyer, so much so that my easily influenced brain now wants me to become one. A badass good looking one who writes on chalkboards well and wears pencil skirts and bribes people with sex for evidence and murders people (hmm maybe not the last two). But it is a dead good show and if you're looking for something new to watch, go on join the band wagon you wont be disappointed!

-Hot Yoga- Before I fell from my perch I took the plunge and I went to a hot yoga class, it turned out to be however the hardest session of the class they do and it was my first one! It was a therapeutic, trance session of 54 sun salutations in 38 degree heat, which was a practice for the 108 sun salutations you are meant to provide the earth on the day of The Spring Equinox. So they were practicing for that, but I did keep up and although every ounce of my body was shouting at me and willing me to get out into the cold air, I did do it and I am very proud of myself for that. It did however break me the next day, but I couldn't tell which aches were from yoga and which were from my brooding illness. So I guess another class is in need to see, please no more sun salutations before The Spring Equinox, I wont be able to cope. 

What I have been listening to:

Demi Lovato- Stone Cold 

My friend introduced me to this song when she performed it live on Ellen and apparently I needed to see the vocal range and my god, her vocal range is amazing, I was speechless afterwards. Then the music video came out and although it's pretty simple (just Demi walking in the snow and then sitting in a bath fully clothed) something fascinated me about it and now it has become my shower song, but alas I cannot reach half of those notes without moving to falsetto and that makes me sad, dammit Demi stop being amazing!



How was your Monday?



Post a Comment