Songs for // February

Friday, 18 March 2016


Now I know it's almost March, but I've wanted to make this blog post for a while now just because I found some right gems in February and I would love to share. Also I haven't made a March playlist and that is all down to the fact that I can't stop listening to ILIWYSFYASBYSUOI (if you don't know what that is look it up I'm not writing the whole title, I'de be here all day!) I just can't stop and a full review will definitely ensue soon. Lets's crack on:

I don't know what it was about February but it was just a wonderful month for new music first of all Daughter's beautiful but happier-than-normal album came out and took us by surprise because it was well... happy? Don't get me wrong I enjoyed it, it just wasn't what I expected but I love it, it makes me feel good and it's almost slightly nostalgic and I can't put my finger on why I think that. My favourite song from the album is probably the saddest (trust me) and that's Alone/With you; the title's unusual and so is the song and I love the lyric 'I should get a dog or something'. Next up Rhianna's new album was released and my friend told me to listen to it, she's not usually an artist I would purposely listen to but I was pleasantly surprised. With exclusions to the few annoying songs on the album like 'work' (I'm sorry but if you like that song, please question why) there are some real ballads towards the end of the album that I loved, especially 'Love on the brain' her voice in that song is so powerful and raspy, something I thought Rhianna couldn't do. When I was away in Preston I got introduced to Catfish's new song which I immediately fell in love with, the lyrics are so #relatable and I love, love the chorus so much. Jack Garratt's new album came out and then.. wait for it, it got better because I found out I'm going to see him in Novemeber eeek! I haven't got a bad word to say about the album, it's not an album I would listen to everyday but it's really great for studying or doing something motivational like running, I'm so bloody excited for November. I then found some interesting new people, well I don't know if they're new but they're definitely new to me I love everything Ezra Furman stands for and his songs are really thought provoking but that kind of thought provoking when it sneaks up on you through a lively Indie beat. Speaking of Indie beats Declan McKenna is young and exciting and I've heard rumours he's coming to Kendal (Oi Declan please come to Kendal). And finally my absolute pleasure and not a guilty one at that, my shower song even though I can't reach half the notes, although I don't agree with a lot of things Demi Lovato talks about I can't shirk her amazing talent so I've learned to embrace it, mostly in the shower, home alone. 


                                           

Well that was my February Playlist, hope you enjoy it as much as I did. 
What did you listen to through February ?


2 comments

  1. I know this is a strange question but what kind of plant is that? I love the look of it! I'm totally obsessed with plants lately too. Thanks for the playlist too - going to enjoy listening to this tomorrow morning while getting ready :) xx

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might be a 'Gollum Jade Succulent' I love the name so much! They are pretty common in garden centers and stuff and really easy to look after and aw I hope you enjoyed it, March wasn't great for music I don't think so my next one will hopefully be in April.

      Delete