A Not So Blue Monday

Tuesday, 12 April 2016


This week has been full of trying to get back into a routine after a wonderful Easter holiday, I think I've grasped it now though. Assignments are almost finished for this year and plans for the summer are making me excited. Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:

Zootropolis- Went to see the movie with high expectations and it's safe to say they were met and so much more. I'm in love with this film, I love mature it is, I love how it has so many layer, it talks about segregation and racism in a really clever way for children to understand, which must have been so hard. There are so many mature themes plonked into a movie where animals walk on their hind legs and wear shirts and oh my it's genuinely hilarious. I love this whole mature Disney thing going on at the moment, I think in this day and age it's exactly what this generation of kids need, this almost topped Inside Out for me and that's saying something!

Watermelon- It's springtime again which means I can afford to buy watermelon for my breakfasts, the days of porridge are slowly disappearing and I can already feel myself being much more energized in the morning with half of one of these babies inside me. 

How to Get Away with Murder season 2- I took a little break after season 1 and I don't know why because it was so good. I've fallen back in love with it again and it's even more tense than last season, the characters are all still beautiful and evil and I love the plot line for this season very unusual and gripping. I've almost finished it and I don't know what I'm going to do with myself!

This Flapjack Recipe-  Because I'm not eating porridge anymore I had a whole load of oats so decide to try and make flapjacks. I had a look and found this recipe which looked easy and little unusual with the raspberry twist. All I would say is reduce the amount of syrup because it has a lot of golden syrup in the recipe and there's no need for it, they just become sticky with too much syrup. Still delicious though!

What I have been listening to:

I still listen to ILIWYSFYASBYSUOI almost once a day but I have prized myself away to discover new music (sobs). 

The Lumineers Cleopatra- I enjoyed the last album but found it was a bit whimsical and well meh. But this one has much more of a kick and much more bass, my favourite song at the moment is Ophelia. 


How was your Monday?


2 comments

  1. I literally just wrote about Zootropolis in my recent post, wasn't it the best movie?! You've made me fancy watermelon now, I'm going to try and get hold of one for some smoothies! x

    Emily - www.positivelystupendous.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know eh! And they're not always the easiest of things to get hold of.

      Delete