Dear April...

Sunday, 1 May 2016


Can we at first just appreciate the fact that I have kept this orchid alive since Christmas not last year but the year before! That is a world record for me and plants and I can't believe it's started blooming again after a few months of me thinking it was dead, I think it might be my prized possession. 

April, you've been great! You actually brought some sun, I mean it was a tiny amount but it was still some sun. It's been a pretty quiet month apart from a few memorable nights out where I had a full on discussion with two cats on a curb and a slow motion game of pool. I also had two gigs this month and it feels really good to be performing again to more than a friend or a depressed bar tender. You also brought along many, many deadlines for Uni, but with my new lease of positivity I worked through it without any actual serious stress (shock horror) and now I've actually left Uni for summer and you could actually say that I'm now a third year, which is terrifying and exciting at the same time. I've been putting a lot of thought into my dissertation recently and the plans I have so far is making me really excited and because I know I'm going to enjoy my subject, I don't think I'm going to hate it as much but we'll consider that on a later date. Knowing I have some extra time in summer I have decided to take up the #100dayproject on Instagram, it's a project that runs for around 3 months (well 100 days) where you create something everyday and because I have to create a visual portfolio for my next Uni course I think it will be a great idea to start up and channel my creativity to make things on the regular. I've been doing it for a week and a bit now and I'm really enjoying it so far. 

So April you've stemmed a lot of creativity and I am greatful for that. I'm now looking forward to May and the rest of the Summer with our exciting plans! Thankyou for being a great opening month to those plans April. 

 How was your April?



2 comments

  1. Well done for meeting all your deadlines and finishing your second year, must be such a relief! Good luck with the hundred day project too, I considered it but I'm not sure I have the commitment... xx

    www.bethanlikes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yeah it really is and if it's only a little bit of creativity say like a drawing it's okay. I'm just taking time that would have been spent probably watching or reading something and instead, painting something. And who's to say you can't watch youtube videos while you're doing it?!

      Delete