Tiny Little Film Reviews

Saturday, 11 June 2016


I'm back again with some tiny reviews and I have gathered quite a large pile. From cinema recents to old classics on netflix, in my last month of uni I got through a lot of films which shouldn't have really happened but ah well I needed to chill after all those assignments! I made a list on my phone as per' and here are the films I have watched recently:

Dear White People

"I listen to Mumford and Sons and watch Robert Altman movies . Do you really think I'm black enough for the Union?"

- Satirical, relevant, modern & smart. 

☽- 8 moons 

The Lobster 












"I just hope her pathetic screams can't be heard from my room, because I was thinking about having a lie down, and I need peace and quiet. I was playing golf, and the last thing I need is some woman dying slowly and loudly"

- Strange, slightly alarming & quirky. 

☽- 5 moons 


Her











"Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel. And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new. Just lesser versions of what I've already felt."

- Poignant, thoughtful & stylish. 

☽- 7 moons 



Star Wars The Force Awakens














"I didn't know there was this much green in the whole galaxy."

- Classic plot line, watercolour-like scenery & robotic acting (not by the droids). 

☽- 4 moons 


Zootropolis











"Everyone comes to Zootopia, thinking they could be anything they want. But you can't. You can only be what you are. Sly fox. Dumb bunny."

- Much more than a children's film,  many intuitive layers & really opens up simple conversation about deep,relevant issues.

☽- 9 moons 


10 Cloverfield Lane 












"I'm sorry, but no one's looking for you."

- Tense, claustrophobic & complex. 

☽- 8 moons


The Jungle Book











"They want to send you to the man-village? I say, you can be a man right here!"

- Nostalgic & modern at the same time, breathtaking. 

☽- 9 moons 



Hail Caesar!












"This is bad. Bad for movie stars everywhere."

- Great potential, hard to follow & meager plotline. 


☽- 3 moons


Begin Again


 









"You can tell a lot about a person by what's on their playlist."

- Uplifting, but deflated by the poor vocals. 

☽- 5 moons 


A pretty large list there, hope you enjoyed my little reviews I'm sure there will be more to come in the not so distant future. What films have you been loving?




2 comments

  1. Loved this! I have made note of pretty much all of them ha x

    Em / www.positivelystupendous.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you and yeah, most of them are great movies!

      Delete