Treasure Hunt | June

Wednesday, 29 June 2016


June has been an exciting month and I've collected quite a few exciting things to go along with it, there are also a lot of things I have watched and listened to this month so I will talk about them at the end. Lets crackalack on:

1. Vintage XL Denim shirt

I picked this up in Amsterdam in what was apparently 'The Netherlands largest vintage shop'. As soon as I picked it up I knew I needed it in my life, it was so large it engulfed me in its beautiful blue fabric, it was love at first sight. I had a vision of wearing this with almost everything I own in my wardrobe and I knew it was destiny. I bought it for 20 euros and it hasn't been off my back since, it adds a casual touch to dresses when I go out and a grunge look to the band t shirts and jeans sort of outfits I have been wearing recently. This shirt is definitely going to be with me for a long time, I'll probably pass it down to my brethren 'wear it well child you look essentially more cool now'. 

 2. Derwent Graphik Line Maker Fine Markers

I had my first experience with 'The Range' the other day and it has quickly become my favourite 'everything' shop. I picked these up in the art section and when I saw the diddy little pouch and the array of thicknesses I was sold. I was looking for a proper set of fine markers for a while because I tend to just use a black biro when I'm sketching and I think fine liners make your illustrations look a lot more professional and slick. I was also in the process of creating a piece of work for a local art competition and I finished it off with these beauties. It was an intricate mandala-like pattern and these made it so much easier to add detail in my work. Because of the pouch I can just stick them in my bag which means I can do more sketching when out and about and I wont lose them. Hopefully buying these will stem my creativity and give me the kick start I need to start making proper pieces of art again. These markers must be good because I only went and won the bloody competition, look at my face, proper chuffed!






3. Dr Organic Coconut Oil Deodorant

Because I'm an idiot I didn't buy any roll on to bring on the plane with me to Amsterdam because you know you're not allowed aerosols, I didn't know this and I'd packed two aerosols for deodorant over there. But my good friend Emma told me this news and saved the day by giving me her Dr Organic roll on, thank you Emma! I used it all week in Amsterdam and I have to say it's the best roll on I've ever used, it's so soft and doesn't sting like most roll ons I've tried. It also lasts all day and me being quite a sweaty human (ew) was surprised when I didn't seem to sweat at all! I don't know how that works but it does, it's also vegan and non-paraben and all that good stuff and it smells of coconuts, what else do you want this summer! I will definitely be purchasing this again, life changing deoderant this stuff!


4. Flow Magazine 

I've been a fan of Flow for a while, all my yearly diaries come from Flow and I follow their blog religiously and love their illustrations and ethics and well everything about them. When I was in Amsterdam I was in the supermarket looking for hummus, which can I say is everywhere in Amsterdam they have a whole fridge section just for hummus like come on England get yer shit together with your selelction of hummus please! Anyway, after I located the hummus (tahini hummus omg it's the one) I was browsing the magazine aisle just to see what the Dutch read and I saw Flow just there, I bought it in a shot and didn't care if it was all in Dutch the pictures were pretty and I love the company and I really wanted an authentic copy that was from The Netherlands. I'm going to try and translate it as much as I can but I don't think that matters, it's beautiful and it will live on my shelf forever more and maybe even some of the pretty pictures might get framed. I also got a free notebook what's not to love?!

If you haven't heard of Flow before go and check them out, your mind will be filled with flowers and motivational quotes and you wont regret it.  

5. Peaky Blinders Season 3 

Lets talk about Peakys! Season 3 was astounding, I think it has worked its way up to one of my favourite Tv series ever, I loved the soundtrack, I loved the plot, I loved the ending (kind of, in like a shocked way). I loved the whole casts acting, I loved the fashion, the camera shots and post production and last of all I loved the cheekbones. THOSE FUCKING CHEEKBONES THO. I don't know what to do with myself now Peakys is over. 

6. Orange is the New Black Season 4 

Already talked about this but; I thought this season really brought the show back to its former glory. The characters were well established and the plotline was cut-throat, the ending was heart breaking and shocking and the belly aching humour ran right through it perfectly. I don't know what to do now it's over. 

7. Game of Thrones Season 6 

I don't think it was better than season 5 but I do think again, the second last episode was one of my favourite and most dramatic episodes in the whole series. I haven't seen the last episode yet so no spoilers eh! I don't know what to do with myself now that adrenaline rush on a Sunday night is over. 
 

8. Christine and the Queens

It's true love for this woman. I read an article recently about her calling her music 'freak pop' which I absolutely love and it just adds to the growth of love and respect I feel for her. She's genuine she's abit weird and her songs are so catchy and I am so pleased her beautiful album has finally graced my ears! Definitely my next person I want to see live. 


This month we have established that I am now lost without my three favourite Tv series but I smell nice! What was your favourite treasure?


2 comments

  1. Ah MAN YES LET ME TALK ABOUT PEAKY WITH YOU. I am sooooooooo obsessed! Started watching it from the beginning around a month ago and am all caught up and in love with everything about it. Such an incredibly beautiful and stylish programme...and ugh my love for Cillian knows no bounds!

    Also don't know what I'm going to do now...*cries!!*

    Katie xx ¦ ♥ La Coco Noire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I'm so glad you love it as much as me! I think it's really underrated and that's sad because yes its so perfect and so stylish and everyone should watch it! Also CHEEKBONES that is all.

      Delete