A Not So Blue Monday

Monday, 4 July 2016


This week has consisted of working hard, but partying even harder. My shifts at work have increased vastly, which is only a good thing but I have to say I am now absolutely knackered but I'm happy to be doing something and getting that moollah'. Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:

Bojack Horseman- We started the Tv series the other day and after Gareth claiming he hated it, I have decided to watch it by myself. The humour is sometimes a bit off but there are golden moments and I love the pop culture references and the fact that Bojack is basically just a horsey' Charlie Sheen!

Beginning a new book- My last book was utter kenk' and I couldn't wait to get it over with, it's safe to say I wasn't a fan of  'The Last Bad Man' by Miranda July, but I persevered and finished it. I'm now reading 'My Heart and Other Black Holes' and by what I've read about it I'm excited, it's still got what some people would say quite a miserable plot line but I love a bit of melancholy reading, I just hope it's better than my last book and I can really get my teeth into it. 

New Look Sale- When I left Topshop empty handed I was very surprised because I can remember gawking at all the beautiful clothes and waiting for them to go into the sale, but allas the shitty Carlisle store was empty of beautiful garments, just some over priced jumpers and crop tops. I went to New Look with the hope I could find at least one clothing item that was an absolute bargain and I was pleasantly surprised when I found about 10 items. I even picked something up for Gareth and the most beautiful dungarees for a bargain of £15, I bought them in a larger size so they look vintage what am I?! I love all the stuff I picked up from the sale and because I've been working so hard I didn't have to feel guilty about chiselling a pretty large hole into my bank account, hoorah!

Pagan Parties- As you probably know by now my friend owns a castle (because I don't shut up about it because it's so cool) and when you have such a huge space all you want to do is fill it with loads of people and booze and that's exactly what we did. Because it was Swedish Midsummer not so long ago we decided to hold a Pagan party, we dressed up, put flowers in our hair and danced around the fire to Simon and Garfunkel until the early hours of the morning. It was a fabulous evening filled with fabulous people and we've already said were going to have another very very soon!

What I have been listening to:

I've been watching a lot of Glasto footage recently and I was really impressed with Bastille's set, I'm so excited for the album to come out, but in the meant time I've just been listening to their new single 'Good Grief' over and over, I love the up tempo vibes, it's so catchy and Dan's voice is as good as ever. 

How was your Monday?


  

Post a Comment