A Not So Blue Monday

Tuesday, 12 July 2016


This week most of my time has been filled with work. Which is pretty annoying when you want to focus on other things like this blog for example, I still haven't written my Amsterdam blog post and it's a month since we went now, but it's coming I can promise you that. I'm not all complaining though, because with a lot of shifts comes a lot of money, money which I can spend on great experiences with great people, there's always an up. Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:

- Getting my grades back - On Friday our grades came out and I spent the whole day at work not knowing what they were because I couldn't access them on my phone. I was pretty nervous but I shouldn't have been because I passed everything with flying colours I dare say and I finished my overall 2nd year with a 2:1 which I am absolutely ecstatic about! My hard work paid off and I am now on the road to graduate with a 2:1 at the end of my 3rd year!

- Finishing a book in a week - This has always been a goal of mine but I knew I would never be able to do it with an adult book, I just take in too much of the story and it takes me at least 2 months to finish a normal sized book. But after reading a lot of YA novels I have found myself getting faster in my reading and when I started reading 'My heart and other black holes' I was finished before I could realise it. I also think that now being able to read on the bus to work and trying to fight off my travel sickness has helped me get through more books and the fact that me and Gareth have now started reading together in bed before going to sleep (how old are we?) has helped a lot. I love that I'm reading lots lately and I've also managed to get through my spring reading pile, I hope I can keep it up!

- Moving houses - On Wednesday my contract to my Uni house ran out, which means that it was time to gather everything and move to the new house. This took two car journeys because we seem to have collected a lot more stuff since moving in at the start of the uni year, but everything went swimmingly and now all my stuff is waiting for me to move in. I love our new house, it's much cosier and larger and I'm excited to see who moves in with us in September because we still don't know. 3rd year is going to be full of surprises but hopefully they're good ones!

- Wimbledon - Now as we probably know by now I am not a sporty gal' like at all, but I do enjoy a little bit of sports footage. I've always liked tennis as a sport (not the sexism in it that's a whole different ball game, see what I did there) and if I was to be sporty I would like to pick it up but alas I am too scared that I would be ultra shit and my local tennis club is quite elite so that's a no go at the mo'. I've been watching Wimbledon a lot because it would be on just as I got in from work and I've really been enjoying it. I find it quite calming and relaxing and not a lot of sports footage can do that for me, I'm also very pleased with the result yassss Murray! And he actually smiled, it's a win win. 

What I have been listening to:

Frances- I discovered her afew months ago when 'Don't worry about me' came on the radio but I didn't realise she had released more stuff. I'm in love with her voice and her melancholy piano playing and most of her songs bring tears to my eyes. Her music is perfect for when you've had a hard day and you just need a bath or if it's been extra hard; a sit down shower. 


                                            

How was your Monday?






2 comments