A Not So Blue Monday

Monday, 22 August 2016


I've been away enjoying the rest of my summer, saying goodbye to people and doing all I can to not say hello to this terrifying year of Uni. I feel over whelmed at the moment which is the complete opposite I felt last year, although as I've said before on here I am really excited for autumn, just not all that comes with it. I'll be reet' though once I get into my routine and get my head back in the game (reference to Zac Efron there). Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:

Vegan potato salad - Before the torrential downpour that arrived through the week, we had a whole day of sun and scorching hot weather. After eating fruit all day because when it's that hot outside that's all I can stomach, I wanted something more substantial but cooling still, I opted for potato salad and it was a big hit, even with my meat eating father. I just boiled some potatoes and waited for them to cool, then added some white onion, pickled beetroot (yes beetroot, it makes it taste nice and turns it pink, what more do you want than pick potato salad?!) and lots of vegan mayo, add seasoning and then mix and wola! A lovely summery vegan tattie salad, delish!

The Olympics - I missed a lot of it, but what I did see looked so positive and I love seeing countries coming together and good team playing and all the rest of it. I know that holding the Olympics in Brazil was controversial but I think if you can look past that you see a positive celebration of sport and coming together and that. Also I like watching sports that aren't normally on the telly such as kayaking and water polo, you know the weird ones that everyone forgets about until 4 years later your sat on the sofa staring at a game of water polo thinking that it's fabulous!

Glitter Party - At the castle on Saturday we held a leaving party for Gareth because he's going back to uni soon. We sat and drank and talked into the early hours of the morning and now the whole castle is covered in glitter, I wonder what the ghosties' think of that!

What I have been listening to:

Nothing new yet because I am still waiting with baited breathe for Frank Ocean to crawl back out of his cave, we've been told it might be pretty soon, even tonight maybe, omg I'm so, so excited, hurry Frank my heart can't take it anymore!

    

Post a Comment