A Not So Blue Monday

Monday, 29 August 2016


This week has been filled with yet more goodbyes and even more wine. I said goodbye to Gareth as he heads back to Uni and it didn't get any easier, at least I know I'm seeing him October time and it will give me another thing to look forward to. Overall I feel much better than last week and am kind of itching to get back now, sort myself out and most importantly sort my room out, can't wait to have fairy lights up again it's the small things and having a space to yourself is very important to me. Not that I wont miss home but it's time to go now, I can feel it in my fingertips I need to learn things. Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:

Bake Off - Yep it's back and that means cozy nights infront of the telly craving cake and biscuits that I can't eat. Only this year I've heard that there's a vegan on it, but taking it from the first episode where everyone used eggs, milk and chocolate I think that was a little rumour gone wrong. I did find an article about one contestant who said that vegan snacks helped him lose weight, hmmm. Still going to watch it though aren't I and salivate over everything they make. Also with bake off being on it is now officially autumn in my head and that means comfort food, blankets and more tea yassss. 

Early Anniversary - Ugh I hate calling it that but yeah, it's mine and Gareth's 5 year anniversary next week. But because he had to leave earlier we celebrated it early in our true style, staying in bed all day with veggie percy pigs and surprise flowers and a good film. It was perfect and I can't get over the fact it's been 5 years, that's a hefty time for a 21 year old! But I wouldn't change that time for anything (ew). 

Spontaneous Local Pub Britney Bash - During the week I had a day off from work, that it a rare occasion and some local friends and Gareth and I got a little tiddly and decided to head down to the local pub in the next town. We ended up staying there until closing time and owning the jukebox, everything was played from Pulp to Britney, Stevie Wonder to Madonna. It was hilarious to dance around like a madden' and watch the local's faces as they didn't know whether to laugh or be appalled  at what was happening in front of them. Safe to say we shuck up the place a little bit! We then got home and ate the weirdest drunk meal I have eaten in my life; a stuffed marrow. That's what happens when you have friends who are basically farmers and a boyfriend that's a top chef, it was delish and such a weird, yet incredibly enjoyable night!

This Perfect, Aesthetically Pleasing Video of My Cat - I was filming him on a whim for his fans on snapchat and then he goes and does this. Florence was playing in the background and it was just all too perfect to not filter into black and white and put it on Instagram. If there are any cat modelling agencies that would like to enquire drop me an email okay. 

What I have been listening to:

Frank Ocean-Blond - Radio 1 did a listening party and I just lay on the bed and chilled. Opinions are that I didn't like it as much as Channel Orange, but that album is perfect. Some of the songs were just down right annoying and lacked melody but at least they made me feel something, even if it was annoyance. I think it's one of those albums that's good for doing something to, I think I'll listen to it more when I'm studying but again, Frank has hit the nail on the head with lyrics, he's a bloody poet. 

Florence & The Machine-Songs from Final Fantasy XV - I heard about her soundtrack for Mrs Peregrines. but when I was trying to find it (hadn't been released yet) I came across this bunch of songs for what I'm guessing is a new Final Fantasy film? Whatever they're for they're beautiful and my favourite is Too Much is Never Enough, it's just so anthemic and so Florence and I'm so happy she's back in the form of film soundtracks, now another album please? Yeah?


                                          

How was your Monday?


Post a Comment