A Not So Blue Monday

Tuesday, 6 September 2016


This week has consisted of spending time with family seems as my Nanna's over from Ireland and I don't get to see her a lot  and I'm going back to Uni soon, which I'm so ready for now. I've got a list of organisational things to do when I get back before Uni actually starts and I can't wait to get back on track and settle in with my new housemates,haven't got long to wait now. Here are the things that have made me particularly this week:

-Nostalgic walks - We went for a walk yesterday around where I grew up and even though I couldn't really remember it, it was still nice to hear stories from when my parents were younger and even when my Nanna was younger because she lived in the same place for a while. I did take some photos but I was really struggling with the ISO and most of the photos came out brighter than expected, I do apologise. 

This isn't where I grew up btw, it's an old hotel just incase you got confused and thought I was a posh git. 







-My last horse and trap ride - Over this summer I got the wonderful opportunity to learn to drive a horse and trap. My neighbour/surrogate Grandad owns one and needed some help when his health was poor. So I began to learn how to set up the trap and drive it. I can now drive it completely on my own with my neighbour's guidance and I can even do 3 point turns, I am official now a country bumpkin and I couldn't be more proud. 

- Ellen - It was beautiful short film shown on channel 4 at something like 1 in the morning and it blew my mind. It was so sad and thoughtful and melancholy and the acting in it was absolutely amazing. Apparently it was made to express young female talent and it did just that, I would encourage you to watch it on catch up if you missed it because it was shown at such a ridiculous time and more people should know about it. 

 What I have been listening to:

Jamie T - Trick - It's his new album and it is just  spot on and just what I wanted it to be. He's gone back to his roots with a sped up punk riff followed with poetic indie lyrics, it's what he's known for and it works so why change it. Yes the lyrics are more grown up now seems as he's in his thirties but he hasn't lost that cheeky flare and story telling skills he's known for. My favourite tracks at the moment are Joan of Ark, TescoLand and Robin Hood, all the faster, punkier singles but I do appreciate his experimental, lyrical slower tracks too. I think I'll be listening to this album for a while. 

                                       

How was your Monday?


Post a Comment