A Not So Blue Monday

Tuesday, 20 September 2016


This week has been filled with studious activity and a weekend filled with alcohol and cheesy music. It's been a rather good week, I am now rather dead. Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:

- Gaga's release date - I've been having Gaga withdrawals since over-listening to Art Pop and I need new things. Perfect Illusion was released last week but I wasn't too keen on it, but I'm hoping the rest of the album which is executively produced by Mark Ronson is much more reined in on the dance tunes and as long as there are some decent and unusual pop ballads in there that I can scream a long to in the shower I will be a happy bunny. Also it's released on Halloween which is perfect I'm so bloody excited. 

- Being Studious - I've been planning my dissertation and after a trip to the local library I've been feeling really on top of things, I'm genuinely excited to do my best at this and hopefully (fingers crossed) get it published. 

- A night out in Glasgow - All of my school friends joined together on Saturday for a huge night out for one of my friends Birthday. It was so nice to see everyone and catch up with them, we went to clubs and because there was a huge group of us we got given free things all night. With added drama of the fire brigade and getting lost at 2 am it was a very memorable night out, And also on a plus side, no anxiety was felt all night Yasssss!

- Culottes - On that night out I decided to go a little out of my comfort zone and order some culottes. When they arrives I wasn't too sure but when I paired them with a belly top and some chunky jewellery and sandals I fell in love with culottes and I've already got my wishlist on Asos for when my student loan comes in and it's safe to say there are a few culottes in there!

- Catastrophe - After watching Fleabag I wanted a similar kind of thing and then I remembered about this Tv series, so I started watching it and finished season 1 in a night which is not good because there are only 2 series oh dear. The humour in it is so sarcastic and raw, the characters are relatable and it's brilliant at tackling the taboo subject of pregnancy and children and showing a different side to parenting, absolutely hilarious but also really thoughtful. 

What I have been listening to: Still on that Bastille train and not getting off anytime soon, I've been listening to the extended edition which has some extra, brilliant, more balladey' songs. 

How was your Monday?



   

2 comments

  1. Ah so many people have recommended Catastrophe to me, I really need to set aside a lazy weekend to watch it. Hello winter!

    Yes, go for gold with the dissertation, girl! All the hard work really does pay off.

    It's Tuesday now...but my Monday was difficult and full of coffee haha!

    katie ♥ lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you really do it's great! and thank you so much I'm going to try my best.

      Delete