Let's Get Lost

Friday, 23 September 2016


One of my favourite things to do when I move to a new place is take my camera and just walk, take everything in, all the new streets, the new people, new places. That's hard to do when you've lived in the same place for two years but even with just moving down the road there will always be somewhere new that you haven't explored. I took my camera and followed the river, right past a residential estate, past some industrial buildings and then I began to hear water, I continued to walk and I was greeted with this beautiful water-fall-like weir and a little beach and it has already become my new favourite place. There's a sweet shop and a chip shop up the road from it as well so I just know I'm going to end up here with a portion of chips and just my thoughts, sounds like sheer bliss to me. I found my new favourite place today and all I had to do was step out of my door and aimlessly wander, with no sense of direction or destination. 




   
If you've moved to a new place this September or you haven't fully explored the place you have lived for years, do it. It makes you feel so free and tranquil just wandering around with no purpose. You might just find your new favourite thinking spot. Getting lost is healthy and triggers all sorts of creative and calming thoughts.

Now go get lost. 

2 comments

  1. omg! this place is so serene and almost enchanting. What a find, gurrrrrrrl! We have small belt of sea near our house and it's my favorite place in town. Though it's been a while since I last visited. I need to go there asap.

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely little place all tucked away. You do, save it for a stressful day and treat yourself to a walk down in the evening.

      Delete