A Not So Blue Monday

Tuesday, 11 October 2016


This week has been filled with reading, a lot of reading, so much reading. And in between reading for my dissertation, I even managed to do some leisure reading and finish The Bell Jar for the 3rd time, I've kind of come to a tradition now that I read The Bell Jar every September, I don't know why it's a pretty miserable book but I don't know there's something about it that warms me and it is definitely one of my favourite books. Apart from reading, here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:

- Going to open mics again - I decided to go to a brand new venue on Thursday. I ended up doing a half an hour slot and absolutely loved it, it turned into one big jam with people joining me on the piano and drums. There's nothing better than having conversations with people you have a lot of common with and jamming with such talented musicians. It's definitely going to be my regular Thursday night from now on. 

- My pie - I made a fab pie this week, it had all sorts of lovely things like chick peas, sweet potato and onions (I can't remember the rest). I kind of threw it all together thinking I was making a stew and then realised I had short crust pastry in the fridge, so I sculpted a very rustic looking pie and it was a success, a success meaning I could actually eat it and it lasted me all week! When I make it next I will be sure to write down the recipe to maybe share, it's a perfect autumn pie to warm the cockles. 

 - Bingo - Yes, I went to Bingo and hated it. The bingo didn't make me happy (I got really anxious about the thought of shouting things out and not being able to keep up with the numbers, it was a lot okay) but the way I felt after doing something out of my comfort zone did. I'm trying to do new things and I know Bingo isn't exactly jumping out of a plane but it was a new experience and it stimulated my brain, I won't be going back though I don't think competitive-chance-gambling is for me. 

- Spotify Premium - I finally decided to get premium because Gareth is taking over the Netflix soon I hope (hint hint) of course I got the student discount and I've been making brill playlists, you can follow me if you want. 

- Speaking of Spotify - What I have been listening to:

My playlists obvs. My favourite one at the moment is my study playlist, it's been in a lot of use this week because you know, reading. It consists of only instrumental songs because song lyrics really distract me when I'm trying to read or write. It's got a little bit of everything The 1975 instrumentals, Explosions in the Sky the go to instrumental band, a little bit of classical mostly James Rhodes on the piano because he's just fab and some movie soundtracks, specifically Harry Potter I went a bit crazy and put all the Harry Potter on, apart from the really stressful scores like when Lupin turns into a werewolf or the Bagshot scene nope,nope,nope. But apart from that I've literally got all the HP scores from all the films, I just couldn't pick and I've found it's the perfect soundtrack to a good, knowledgeable read. I've also started making a Christmas playlist already (no judging please) which also consists of a lot of Harry Potter, well mostly Harry Potter at the moment, it's early days okay. If you do want to follow my playlists I would say my Magic Mixtape and my Mellow playlists are best, jus' saying. 

     
              

How was your Monday?

1 comment

  1. It sounds like you've had a great week! I have had Spotify premium for a while now and it's so worth paying for, plus your playlist is great - I LOVE The 1975 and the Harry Potter scores are all amazing <3 the pie you made sounds delicious too!
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete