A Not So Blue Monday

Tuesday, 18 October 2016


Using an old photo from summer at home because the lighting in my room is so dire tonight. I've been no where near trees this week and that makes me sad, but this week has been mostly happy so it's okay. Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:

Freaks and Geeks - I started watching it at the end of last week and I now only have 2 episodes to go. I don't know why they didn't make a second season it's so brilliant. It perfectly depicts that teenage angst and confusion and how wonderful and painful school can be at the same time. It makes me miss school a lot but at the same time I'm so glad I'm out of there! All the cast is amazing and my favourite characters are Nick cause you know, it's Jason Segel and he's so adorably hot, Bill he's a hilarious geeky boy with such a warm heart, Sam because he has the best facial expressions I have ever seen and this will forever be my go-to gif for absolutely everything from now on! I love all of the cast especially James Franco as well cause you know, hot. I think this show should definitely be everybody's October tv series, it's just so good to cosy up to and laugh out loud, I can't believe I've only discovered it now. 

New volunteer job - For my MA next year I have to have a sufficient amount of hours of volunteering under my belt, I also think it would be nice to give back to the community a little bit and meet some interesting people along the way.  I went for an interview this week and it was a success! I will now be the head of Tuesday workshops, doing crafts with a mixture of different individuals, they're all such characters and I can't wait to get stuck in.  

The Craft - Yep it's that time of year when you whap' out the nineties Halloween witch films. I love The Craft, I love the outfits and the actors and the crazy plot, it's the perfect Halloween movie to embrace your inner witchy weirdness. 

Tesco free from choc cookies - I picked these beauties up the other day for only £1.20 which is so cheap for free from stuff. They taste just like I remember Marylands tasting like and are perfect to accompany your cuppa as the nights draw in. 

What I have been listening to:

Melanie Martinez - I hadn't heard about her until this week when Beth be Rad drew her for Snarled  I then spotified her and fell in love with her babyish little voice singing about really hard hitting issues to catchy, unique choruses. Beth said in her video that she was a voice contestant and got knocked out pretty early, but she's built herself back up again and is now on the rise. She's weird and she's a breathe of fresh air and her gappy smile is just too cute to ignore!


                                         

How was your Monday?

2 comments

  1. my Monday was a busy one, filled with work tasks, socializing and writing new pieces for my journals and blog. My sister is OBSESSED with Melanie's Cry Baby and we often sing this one lyrics along that's like 'cryyyyy baby cryyyyy baby' haha

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo sounds productive! And ahh she's so good I love her style so much.

      Delete