A Not So Blue Monday

Monday, 31 October 2016


This week has been filled with lots of spooky celebrations. Even though my planned Halloween movie night did go down the drain (that's third year for you kids) I am celebrating Halloween in style, with a takeaway and a cuppa, so hardcore. But after the weekend I've had dressing up as poison Ivy and trying to rub green eyeshadow out of my pores it's a nice little rest. These are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:

- Toffee apple cider - This has been one of my favourite drinks since I was about 15 and discovered it at a Halloween party way back when. Although Brothers does say it's stocked all year round it really isn't, it's so hard to get hold of when it isn't October. I must stock up before the season is over (cries). But yeah I've been suppin' on this a lot and it makes me feel all warm and toasty inside, kind of like a toffee apple. 

- Watching my cats play with autumn leaves - I went home for a few days during reading week and I had the delight of my cats trying to catch leaves from the window on a windy day. They're house cats so I went out and posted some leaves for them through the window and they had a whale of a time chucking them in the air and catching them, they were so happy. 

- Gaga carpool karaoke - If you love Gaga and haven't seen this yet watch it at once it will make your life. She's in such good voice and I especially love James's outfit choices!

- Bake Off - God it was a tense final and my mouth was watering for meringues all the way through (really need to get that vegan recipe down) but Candice was definitely the right winner, I loved her from the beginning. 

- Dr Strange - When I was home my mum and I went to see the new Marvel film Dr Strange with Benedict Cumberbatch in, we went in pretty blind, not knowing anything about his story, I even thought before watching it that he was a villain to Spiderman for some reason. It was so good and the psychedelic graphics were literally out of this world, many of the scenes were rather like a mixture of inception and the matrix with buildings going upside down and people flying. The plot was great aswell and Cumberbatch was brilliant as always, I especially love his cape, it reminds me of the carpet in Aladdin and I'm excited to see him in the next Avengers film!

- Practical Magic - Seems as it's Halloween and I'm having a movie night I decided to watch the witchy film that everyone has been telling me to watch. I absolutely loved it and now I think I'm a little obsessed, Gillian is my fave and her fringe is total hair goals, I'm definitely going to show my hairdresser a picture of her when I go and get mine in. I love the aesthetic of the film, you can tell American Horror Story took a lot of inspiration for coven. I also like that it's a woman dominant film and although they do talk a lot about men, it's main themes are sisterhood and family love . I also love how it ends with two Stevie Nicks songs, I just want to be a witch so bad!

What I have been listening to:

Banks - The Alter - I mentioned her in my monthly playlist post and I still can't get enough of her new album. It's perfect for this time of year, it's warm and intimate and makes your walk to uni feel badass. My favourite songs are her new single Gemini Feed, Fuck with myself and mother earth, I'm in love with her lyricism. 



How was your Monday?

4 comments

  1. I'm fairly certain I've been getting Toffee Apple cider from Tesco since the start of Summer - don't hold me to that but it could be a way to get your fix!
    Megan x
    Lucky Penumbra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really! I only have a tiny tesco next to me, I must have a gander in the bigger one, thank you.

      Delete
  2. i watched the trailer of Dr Strange on tv and went absolutely gaga over Cumberbatch. i am not too familiar with the story as well but gotta research because the film looks super rad and i don't wanna miss out

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing definitely go and see it!

      Delete