Songs For // September

Monday, 3 October 2016



I haven't done one of these for a while and that's just because I couldn't find enough new, good music to fill up a playlist. But then September came along and graced us with some absolute gems, lets talk about them:

 It started with Jamie T's wonderful new album, stripped back to his roots with some sincere indie tunes that tell stories it's what he's good at and I'm glad he's gone back to that kind of style. My favourite songs from the album were Robin Hood, Tescoland and Joan of Ark which went straight onto this playlist as soon as I heard it. It's so upbeat and indie and has such a catchy chorus. Then came along Bastille's new album which I fell head over heels for and Snakes is definitely my favourite song on the album although it was really hard to pick because all the songs are so perfect, I also think that this song will be their next single, it just has those single kind of vibes you know. Now lets talk about Gaga's comeback. I am so excited, so, so excited I have been a little monster ever since that first album or even before that I think (hipster). But when I heard Perfect Illusion I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed, I think it was the key change that did it for me, it's just so cheesy. It did grow on me though and because it's Gaga this song had to go onto this playlist. I'm so excited for the release of Joanne though, I'm just hoping there are a few more ballad-y songs on there because I think that's what she does best. Passenger's back with a much more upbeat sound and I'm kind of digging it, the guitar riff sounds like the beginning of a Smiths song and the lyrics are very sweet, the two of these things make me very happy. Ah Sia, anything she releases I am just in awe of and The Greatest has become my go to blast-it-out-in-the-shower song, it's just so catchy and the vocals in it are wonderful. Also lets talk about the music video with Maddie, I love the choreography and the sheer attention to detail and when I found out it was a tribute to the America club shooting it all became apparent as to how poignant I felt after watching it. Rag'n'Bone Man is my new favourite vocalist, I saw him on a youtube video my mum actually showed me and boy can he sing! And last but not least Frank, oh Frank, he did it again. The album is wonderful, he's so good at what he does and you can tell that every word and every chord has been thought about, it's perfection. Pink+White is definitely my favourite song from the album but I still don't think it works without listening to the whole album first. He didn't make a song specifically to be a single and you can tell and I think that's genius.



That's my September Playlist over and done with. It was a wonderful month for new albums and I reckon October's going to be as good or even better!   
What have you been listening to this September?
     

Post a Comment