A Not So Blue Monday

Monday, 19 December 2016


This is my neighbour's cat, he's moving soon and I'm going to miss him a lot. This week has been filled with hard work and presentations and eventually a break. I'm now home for Christmas and haven't been happier to be able to relax. Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency - It's a new series on Netflix and I watched the first episode about a week ago but knew Gareth would love it so now we're watching it together while he's here for Christmas. It's a very quirky, Sherlock Holmes style show and it has very strong 'Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy' and Wes Anderson vibes, I love it so far. 

Plans for Christmas - I'm so excited about the plans we have over Christmas and new year, I just can't wait to spend lots of time with people I love and do hardly nothing. The nothing part is the most exciting because, I know I keep saying it but I've been so bloody busy. 

Genuinely Nice Customers - I work in retail and Christmas is normally the worst time for horrid people shouting at you for something you have no control over like the price of carrier bags. But my shift on Thursday was really surprising and every customer I served had a smile on their face and something nice to say. It honestly restores your faith in humanity. 

What I have been listening to:

Bruno Mars 24K Magic - I listened to this when I was having a pretty bad day last week and as soon as the first song came on I felt instantly uplifted and in a better mood. I've always been a fan of Bruno Mars and how upbeat and funky his sound is. My favourite songs are Versace on The Floor it's just so sexy and Perm because you can't help but dance. 


How was your Monday?
                                     

Post a Comment