AM Winter Routine

Sunday, 11 December 2016



Although some mornings I only sit in bed and watch Youtube videos, I do sometimes get up early and do productive things like get ready for the day and actually leave the house. I have a pretty set routine for winter because I find it quite hard getting up when the mornings are darker. so putting these small things in place makes it a little easier to leave the comfort of my ever so warm bed.

8.00/10.00 - Drag myself out of bed and pop my slippers on, trudge down stairs and drink a pint of water.



8.15/10.15 - Make my beloved Christmas porridge which consists of:
1 cup of oats
1 cup of soy/almond milk
1 banana
1/2 cup of frozen berries
1 tbsp of peanut butter
1 tbsp of jam
1 tbsp of chia seeds
1 crumbled Christmas biscuit
1 drizzle of agave nectar


8.30/10.30 - Apply makeup to make my face look less grey and tired

9.00/11.00 - Sort my hedgehog hair out, straighten my fringe and scrape my hair into some form of hairstyle that is socially acceptable.

9.30/11.30 - Choose an outfit that makes me feel like a girl boss, something that says 'leave me alone' but is also dog and cat friendly, just in case of any surprise encounters. I chose my most garish Christmas jumper because you know it's the festive season and people stay away from you when you're outwardly Christmassy.

9.45/11.45 - Pack my bag that tends to contain:

My purse
Anti Bac - Because the world is a germy place
My diary - So I know where I'm going and what I'm doing
A pen - Because, you know, a pen.
Any Uni stuff I need - Lots of pieces of paper that depress me
My Keys - Don't want to be locked out eh

10.00/12.00 - Put on all my layers, brush my teeth and eventually leave the house, probably much later than I intended.


I hope you enjoyed my slightly cynical winter AM routine that only happens when I actually have to leave the house. What do you do in the winter mornings?

                                         



Post a Comment