Christmas TV

Thursday, 22 December 2016


As well as watching a shit tonne of Christmas films on the run up to the big day I also love a good TV Christmas special. The programs I love dearly with a Christmassy' touch. Also the drama tends to increase in a Christmas special and something pivotal to the plot always happens. I've decided to put together a list of my favourite Christmas TV episode specials for you to watch if you're still not in that festive spirit or just so you can get yourself into a new program before the big day:


How I Met Your Mother - Symphony of Illumination ____________________________________

It was hard to choose a HIMYM Christmas episode but this one has everything. There are some hilarious moments but also some very poignant ones, it also reveals something that is quite important to the plot about a certain character. Also the ending is fabulous and always makes me smile!


New Girl - Santa___________________________________________________________________

New Girl is one of my favourite Tv series and their Christmas specials are always great. This episode fills me with a lot of joy and I normally tend to watch it quite near Christmas, it always makes me feel happy and positive about Christmas.

Black Mirror - White Christmas_____________________________________________________

This is probably my favourite Black Mirror episode. I think it's the cleverest idea out of them all and it's so dark. Certainly not one to watch when you're trying to feel all joyous and merry!

Sherlock - His Last Vow_____________________________________________________________

A very tense episode with a little Christmas comedy break in the middle as Sherlock and John head to the Holme's family cottage for Christmas where we meet Benedict Cumberbatch's real parents! There's so much packed into this episode as always.

Gavin & Stacey - 2008 Christmas Special______________________________________________

By far my favourite of all the Christmas specials, an absolute classic! Again so much happens that is important to the plot and it's just hilarious. Gareth and I used to watch it so much when we first started going together and therfore it has a lot of sentimental value to me, I can honestly say I've watched it over 30 times but it never gets old and "to tell you the truth Gwen I'm absolutely twatted" love it.

What are your favourite Christmas TV episodes?
                                        

Post a Comment