Cosy Winter Vegan Meals

Sunday, 18 December 2016


When most people think about vegan food they think about summer time and salads and avocados, but when it comes to winter don't think us vegans are still munching on leaves while you're eating stews and soups oh no! I've gathered together some of my favourite vegan meals that warm me to my core on the coldest winter days, comfort food is what I live for. 

Sweet Potato & Spinach Mash________________________________________________________

My favourite food is mashed potato and when it comes to the winter months I basically live off it. This recipe is a little take on normal mash that you can eat on its own without gravy or sausages, it's so easy and so quick and I definitely eat it at least once a week:


½ Sweet Potato
1 Handful of Spinach 
1 Onion
1 Clove Garlic 
1 Pinch of Salt 
1 Pinch of Pepper 
1 Pinch of Mustard 
1 Tsp of Garlic Powder 
1 Pinch of Turmeric (For the immune system)

You literally just cook the potato; roast or boil and mash everything together, that's it. Happy mashing!

Baked Potato with Garlic Mushrooms, Spinach & Falafel__________________________________

More potatoes! I literally live off them in the winter time. This is probably my favourite meal invention, it's nothing new or anything but it is from my own head. It looks restaurant quality as well!:



1 Baking Potato 
4 Falafels 
2 Handfuls of Spinach 
4 Chestnut Mushrooms 
2 Cloves of Garlic 
1 Tsp of Garlic Powder 
1 Pinch of Salt 
2 Pinches of Pepper 
1 Tbsp of Mixed Seeds 
1 Tbsp of Vegan Mayo 

1- Put the potato and falafel in oven or microwave 2- Fry mushrooms with garlic and then slowly add spinach 3- add spices and flavouring 4- Cut potato in half and fill with spinach mixture 5- Add falafels on top, cover in mayo and sprinkle with seeds. Yum!




Spicy Butternut Squash Soup________________________________________________________

I always make a big batch of this soup when I know I'm going to have a busy week and it puts me on all week. It's spicy,delicious and really filling,  a perfect energiser for busy winter nights doing uni work.  I've already listed this recipe on a post before so I'll link it here


There are other meals I really enjoy eating in the winter, many I have found  and saved on my Food Goodness  pin board, including a delicious sweet potato and peanut stew recipe. I also eat a lot of curries in the winter, but everyone knows how to make a curry right?! If you're vegan I would love to know what you eat during the cold months?

                                        




2 comments

  1. I always love a good, homemade butternut squash or pumpkin soup for winter! And potatoes are so hearty and delicious they make for perfect meals! I definitely need to make this one with garlic mushrooms and falafel - your picture looks so professional and delicious!

    JosieVictoriaa // Fashion, Travel & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing better in the winter! Thank you so much, honestly it's the easiest one to make.

      Delete