A Not So Blue Monday

Monday, 23 January 2017


I wasn't going to write one of these posts this week. I've had what you call a challenging week, I would probably go as far to say one of the worst weeks of my life, that sounds dramatic but it's where I'm at right now. Basically something huge in my life has changed and shifted, it was a big shock and it will take me a while to work through it, but I know I'll be okay in the end. I'll probably go into further detail at a later date. Although it was a challenging week I did find a little light, here are the things that made me particularly happy this week:


La La Land ______________________________________________________________________

I didn't know whether to go and see it with the things that were going on, but I did and I don't think it helped but it was amazing, honestly the most magical film I have ever seen. It has such big nods to Singing in the Rain and Casablanca and those kind of classic Hollywood films, but it also stands on its own as a unique film. The music is beautiful as well, and I might be joining the biggest band wagon of 2017 so far but it's a gorgeous piece of art that swept me off my feet. 


Emily____________________________________________________________________________

When my crisis started to happen, Emily was on the other end of the phone. She lives in Northampton, but booked tickets to come and see me on Saturday,  she brought me crumpets and tea and kind words. She is my best friend and I don't know what I would do without her. I owe her infinitely for all the kindness she gives me, I love you Em.  


Crisis Den________________________________________________________________________

When life gets too much resort to being 5 years old, build an old fashioned den, buy a bottle of wine and if you're crisis is very bad, a bag of weed. Fill your crisis den with pillows and blankets, sit in your den, eat, drink, watch your favourite films. If you need to; even sleep in the den. Cover it in fairy lights and good vibes, forget about the world.


Listening to // Lemonade and Leonard Cohen__________________________________________

Because crisis.

I'll be okay
How was your Monday?




4 comments

  1. I hope everything improves for you as soon as possible. Sorry, you're going through a difficult time! <3
    I love the idea of making a crisis den, I think even as adults, we deserve to make crisis dens. I think I'll have to do that! x

    AmyJaynesThoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and yes a crisis den is the way to go definitely!

      Delete
  2. Oh love. So sorry to hear that you're having such a dreadful time but well done on deciding to write this post anyway. It can't have been easy! Your den sounds amazing, I hope it has helped. Sending lots of love and positive wishes your way xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, this means so much to me!

      Delete