A Not So Blue Monday

Tuesday, 21 February 2017


Hello pals, this week has been much better than last week when I only ate cake and cried over said cake. This week I've been so busy to even think about what's going on and focusing all of my energy and motivation into my Uni work. I even managed to take some time for self care and to write a few songs and feed myself with like proper food, small steps. Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:


Palentines Day____________________________________________________________________

I've never been one for valentines day, I think it's bloody ridiculous. This year my best friends and I decided to rebel against consumerism and celebrate 'Palentines day' instead. We made a meal (peanut butter noodles they were delicious) and skyped eachother and ate the meal together like a lil' three way date. We also played games and just chatted for ages, it was really nice to make some time for freinds and celebrate love in different ways. Fuck you card companies!

Broadchurch______________________________________________________________________

With the third season fast approaching my house mate and I have decided to watch Boradchurch from the beginning. She had never seen it before but I was so surprised that she actually guessed the ending before it was obvious! I think it might be because she watches sooo many detective shows she's a bit of an expert. She enjoyed it never-the-less and I enjoyed watching it again because I've only seen each episode once. I honestly think it might be my favourite crime TV show ever, just the cinematography and the plot mann it's great. We're on to season 2 now and I believe we only have until next Monday before the 3rd season starts, better get cracking!

Evening Charity Ball_______________________________________________________________

On Saturday I was invited to The Mayor's Evening Ball to represent the charity I work for. I bought a very pretty dress and I actually wore high heels, which I haven't done since I was like 17! My dress was rather expensive but I justified it by making sure I wear it for my graduation as well, it's the right shade of green to go with my graduate sash you see. The ball itself was very overwhelming and I don't think I have ever been to anything so posh. We mingled and drank free champaigne and ate a gorgeous meal worth an amount of money I don't want to think about. They were also so nice and considerate about me being a vegan even though I was only able to tell them at short notice. I had a gorgeous nut roast which was so nice and flavoursome and for desert I had some of the best sorbet I had ever eaten. It was a really nice evening even though I did feel incredibly out of my depth and have never been so aware of my social status, but I did enjoy it. I almost didn't go until I decided I needed to say yes to things more and leave my comfort zone even  for just a night and I am quite proud of myself to know I am able to mingle with the posh-oes and not embarass myself at all!

200 Followers ____________________________________________________________________

So this evening I reached 200 followers on Bloglovin' and that's so nice. I've been writing this blog for 3 years and even though I don't do a lot to promote it and I don't really care about numbers, it's so nice to  know that people read it and enjoy it. I'll just carry on writing about life and that eh, thanks so much if you followed me!

Listening to // Vera Blue____________________________________________________________

I found Vera Blue randomley on Spotify and I fell in love with her sound. Her lyrics are so poignant and her voice is so etherial and that hair! My favourite tracks at the moment are Hold and Settle


                                            

How was your Monday?

2 comments

  1. Congratulations on reaching the 200 milestone! I'm the same as you, not too concerned about numbers but it's always nice when they're going in the right direction :)

    Love the sound of your palentines day!! So much fun. And the ball sounds great too. I'm so glad you decided to say yes and go! It's always lovely to have an excuse to buy a new dress isn't it haha.

    Glad that your week has been better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it's just nice to know that people are out there! And yeah it was a good night and I'm wearing the same dress for graduation I love it, thank you Suzy!

      Delete