A Not So Blue Monday

Monday, 27 February 2017


Hello pals, it's been another busy week. I think that saying is going to be a recurring theme around here for a while. My to-do lists have now become a page long and even though all this work stress is overwhelming I know it's good to be busy and doing things I love and I'm so excited for the end goal. Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:

Home & Cat Cuddles______________________________________________________________

I had a reading week, in which I did actually spent most of my time reading and writing (finally I used it for it's actual purpose!) but when I wasn't reading I was at home cuddled up on the sofa with my three cats, a cup of tea and a warm fire. It was wonderful although slightly strange, but a kind of nice strange. We also went to the lakes and climbed a mountain/cragg, I don't know if you could call it a mountain but it sure was steep! We celebrated at the top with fruit loaf and Alpro strawbery milk because my mum had forgotten  to plack water, always the experinced climber.

The Brits ________________________________________________________________________

While I was at home The Brits took place and we watched it on the telly. I cried and swooned over Matty Healy and The 1975, call me a fangirl! And I loved all the performances especially the part when one of Katy Perry's house fell off the stage, apart from that it was a pretty mediocre Brits this year, but it was still nice to see everyone dressed up and celebrating music. 

Sober Parties_____________________________________________________________________

I've stopped drinking for a while for various reasons and on Saturday I attended my first party where I would be sober. Apart from a lil' sip of homemade punch I didn't drink anything and I still had an amazing night. It's so nice to know that you don't need alcohol to have a good time, like I already knew that but it's nice to put it into practice. I had a great night and ended up coming home at 5 in the morning completely sober! If you told that to 17 year old Ciara she would laugh in your face and probably go off and drink some wine. 

Listening to // Stormzy - Gang Signs & Prayers ________________________________________

Looking at me you wouldn't think I was a Grime sort of girl, but I have a soft spot for the genre. I think it's so poetic and political and those are two of my favourite things so it's a given really. I've been a fan of Stormzy for a while now and I didn't know what to expect from this album but he's really made a gorgeous mixture of songs. There are so many more slower ones which I wasn't expecting but I love them, he really talks peronally about his battle with depression and you also get to see his softer side with songs about his mum and Grime family. My favourite songs at the moment are Blinded by your Grace Pt2 the Gospel sections in that song just melted my heart and Velvet  because of the laid back recording style that really works. I love the interludes and little snippets of him just chatting and laughing.there's something so human about this album and it just makes me feel a lot okay, there's a song for every emotion and I think that's what a good album should do. Well done Stormzy pal #merk.  


How was your Monday?

2 comments

  1. I absolutely love the 1975, my favourite band - I was doing the same!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww they are life! I was so happy for them winning and their performance was so good!

      Delete