Treasure Hunt | January

Wednesday, 1 February 2017


January was pretty quiet for new things, because of Christmas and all that and wanting to start saving, like properly saving this time. But I did manage to gather a few things along the way. Here are a few of the treasures I collected in Januray:


1. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick | Lolita II_____________________________________

I have always wanted to buy one of these and after purchasing the foundation (review on its way) I decided to cheekily add this lil' beauty into my shopping cart at checkout as well. I have to say that this is the best formula of liquid lipstick I have used. Now I'm not an expert by no means, I only have one other by NYX but it lasts all day and dries fast, what else do you need from a lippy, you tell me?! I also love the colour, I watched a lot of reviews on youtube and this colour really stood out to me, it's very unusual, like a burnt red-brown and it goes with absolutely every shade of eyeshadow. I have been wearing this everyday through Jan and I think I'm in love. I would totally wear this on my wedding day and that's saying a lot!

2. Lush BB Seaweed Fresh Face Mask ________________________________________________

I saved up my Lush pots and exchanged them for a free facemask. If you don't know about this trick and use a lot of Lush products it will change your life (I don't know how you wouldn't know it says it all over the packaging but anyway). Lush face masks, I believe are pretty expensive and I only tend to get them when my skin is either in desperate need of tlc or if I've had a particularly shitty week. So I exchanged my pots and chose this one because the lady said it was good for winter and dry and red skin and I fully trust people who work at Lush so I got it didn't ah'. I bloody love it, it's gentle but also exfoliates enough to get rid of dry skin, I've been using it once every 2 days and I've really been seeing a difference. Also it lasts really long because you don't need a lot at all, so in the mean time I can start counting up my pots again to get another one, it's a win win!

3. Pip & Nut Crunchy Maple Peanut Butter___________________________________________

I actually got this for Christmas so it's a bit of a cheat really, but I only started eating it in late January. Honestly though this is the tastiest peanut butter I've eaten, it's so sweet and salty and delicious. I've been enjoying this on top of cinnamon and raisin bagels in the afternoon for brunch. And if I'm being honest, there was a period of time this week that I just started eating it out of the jar, no shame.

 

4.Sterling Silver Hooped Earrings ____________________________________________________

These can't be photographed because they are currently in my ears and it took me about 3 hours to put them in so they aren't coming out anytime soon sorry! They're just small silver hoops with a little ball on the bottom, pretty simple but gorgeous! They were a late Christmas present from my auntie and I love them, they really complement my smaller hoops that I already have in my ears as well and I feel like they give more symmetry to my face as well (is that weird?).  I was wanting some sterling silver earrings for a while because I'm sick of buying cheap earrings and them making my ears sore, this gal's got no time for cheapo 'gold' or 'silver' anymore, I'm an adult now okay.

5. La La Land ____________________________________________________________________

Like every human and their dog, I went to see La La Land this month and loved it, like fell head over heels in love with it. I think it was mostly the cinamatogrphy and the soundtrack, but I also liked the plot, especially the ending. No spoilers but it was defnitely a breath of fresh air from the cliched Hollywood ending we're all so used to. I also went to see it at a time in my life where everything going on was so similar to things happening with me and I really resonated with the characters and their position, maybe that's why I cried from beginning to end eh. The only thing I can criticise it for is its lack of diveristy, which many people have faulted it for and I do think we can't just brush it under the carpet because it's there, plain as day, it was about jazz for goodness sake and only John Legend popped up a few times, come on Hollywood you're better than that. Doesn't stop me singing Fools Who Dream when I'm cooking a stir fry though does it, no. 


6. Series of Unfortunate Events ______________________________________________________ 

I know that this show has got a lot of mixed reviews, people seem to really love it or really, really hate it. But as an avid reader of the books when I was younger and being presented with that horrendous film with Jim Carrey in anything would be better than that. I watched one episode and was hooked I loved the style of it, like Wes Anderson and Tim Burton had a lil' baby, I loved how Lemony Snicket  was front and centre and the charcters were cast so well, even the dreary children. Neil Patrick Harris stole the show for me though and he produced it as well which I think you can tell, I loved his character, he was so comical and evil. It was just done so well and it was funny and dark just like the books and I'm so excited for season 2 already!



What's your favourite treasure?

 



Post a Comment