A Not So Blue Monday

Wednesday, 8 March 2017


Hello pals, I know it's Wednesday but I was busy having another existential crisis all weekend and so there was no time to blog. I'll probably write a more detailed post about what's going on at some point but basically I'm re-thinking my whole future, I've been told it's pretty normal for almost-graduates and many of my friends are going through the same thing so we're all crisising together and I'm making a lot of crisis cake, the bigger the crisis, the more delicious the cake it seems! Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:

New Pinboard_____________________________________________________________________

As you probably know by now I'm a little obsessed with Pinterest and whilst I was having yet another crisis I decided to collect some photos that fit my aesthetic. It was very relaxing to gather these photos that I just really liked and were pleasing and it really calmed me down. Also I feel like holding down and working on my aesthetic is a nice thing to do seems as everything is so up in the air, at least I know that my aesthetic is intact, oh dear. 

MoonCup________________________________________________________________________

I bought a MoonCup the other day and it has changed my life! I've only been using it for two days but I'm already so used to it and it's so nice to not think about my period all day. It was pretty difficult at first getting used to putting it in and things but once you've found a technique that suits you you're good to go! Hannah Witton made an amazing informative video about menstrual cups yesterday and I would urge you to watch it if you're interested it made me chuckle. 

Ems' Website _____________________________________________________________________

My bestest friend Emily does illustration at Uni and is soon to graduate and start networking. She made a website and it took her a long time and it is so wonderful and she is so talented and I just know she's going to do so well, you should check it out!

Listening to \\ Ed Sheeran ÷ _________________________________________________________________

Yes like the rest of the world I have been listening to this album constantly! In my opinion it's not as good as + or x but it's still amazing. A lot of the songs I'm able to relate to highly and I'm not ashamed to say I did shed a tear (or maybe cried manicly on the kitchen floor). My favourite songs at the moment are Dive, Happier, Barcelona and What do I know but that's probably soon to change again. Ed just has this sheer talent to write a song that is both relatable and anthemic in an unusual and folky way, he's such a talented human bean!



How was your Monday?

Post a Comment