Songs For \\ February

Friday, 3 March 2017


This month brought me a mixture of new music and some undiscovered stuff that went under my radar. Here are the tunes that have been in my ears for the whole of February:

_________________________________________________________________________________

         

_________________________________________________________________________________

I heard of Tom Tripp from Lucy Moon the Youtuber, she recommended him in a video talking about new and upcoming things in 2017. I wasn't too keen with his overall sound but I do really like this song and the chorus in so catchy. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

I love Izzy Bizu's new album and her sound is so cool. Talking to You is perfect for walking down the street on a crisp sunny day, the rythym of the song insync with your steps. I think I will defenitely be returning to this album in the summer!
_________________________________________________________________________________

I've always been a fan of Aquilo and their new album is so beautiful, it's so atmosheric and ethereal and perfect for walking or driving at night. This track is my favourite from the album and I really connected to the lyrics, cried a lil' bit when I heard it, not gonna lie. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

I found Urban Cone just randomley on Spotify one day and I really like their sound. This song is so, so catchy and the lyrics are really flirty and well; 'oldschool', it's got such 80's vibes!
_________________________________________________________________________________

Omg let's talk about Rag'n'Bone Man! His album is everything I wanted it to be and that's why I couldn't pick just one of his songs to add to this months playlist. It's so bluesey and souley and motowney all at the same time  and the lyrics, the lyrics! It;s just one of those all round perfect albums and I fell in love with it this month. This song is defeinitely one of my favourites and I'm currently learning it on guitar so I probably wont be able to listen to it anymore after that, but I've probably listened to it over 100 times in February!
_________________________________________________________________________________

When I went to see T2 Trainspotting I became a little obsessed with the soundtrack. I never really listened to Wolf Alice properly because I heard one song and really disliked it, always open minded me. But this song really struck a chord with me and I have been listening to it c o n s t a n t l y, oh dear. But it's such a bloody good song and it really felt like it was made for that scene in T2, such a good choice to add to the film soundtrack. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

I heard one of Tom Misch's songs recently on Radio 1 and began listening to him on Spotify and found this song from 2014, it's so uplifting and chill. I love the vocal pairing and the harmonies, niceee. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

I found Vera Blue randomley one night and fell in love with her whimsical sound. The lyrics in her EP brought me to tears and I just love her style. I'm really enjoying badass indie solo women at the moment that sound almost like their music is still made in their bedroom on a tiny keyboard, but in a good way. Her lyrics are beautiful as well!
_________________________________________________________________________________

I've always been a fan of Lower Than Atlantis and that old school UK pop puck  kind of sound. It's kind of nostalgic for me, reminding me of my teenage years at school, plugged into my headphones. This song really reminds me of that time and I love it,it's very unapologetic in the lyrics and cute and vulnerable at the same time. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

Oh my goodness, this song! Another song I had a cry too, I've had a pretty emotional month by the looks of this and it's kind of nice that I've found some songs to reflect that. This song is just all round beautiful, no other words needed really. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

Oh look another Rag'n'Bone Man song, what a surprise! This is such an uplifting song with such wonderful, positive lyrics about acceptance, so lovely!
_________________________________________________________________________________



What have you been listening to this February?

Post a Comment