A Not So Blue Monday

Monday, 10 April 2017


Hello pals! It's been another busy week filled with work and working. But I'm nearly at the end of the road now, I'm having a nice break now for Easter and then it's full steam ahead and then I'm done, that's crazy! Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:

Dissertation Hand In_______________________________________________________________

That's right I did it, I actually did it! At times I thought I would have to fill out extenuating circumstances, but I did it on my own. I was given so many mouldy lemons and I made the sweetest lemonade (pardon the metaphores, it's how I express myself). I had an absolute nightmare with the printing process because it all came out in red and black for NO REASON and cost me 20 QUID! But once it was printed and bound I felt so overwhelmed and had a lil' cry, I've never been so proud of myself. This may sound a bit silly to some; it's just a bit of paper (well 80 bits of paper) but to me it shows that when faced with a bump (or a huge swirling black hole) in the road, I can overcome it and become a better person for it, I made fucking lemonade (I hope you're proud of me Beyonce) I'll stop all this heartfelt gushing now but I just feel so proud and wonderful!

Open Mic ________________________________________________________________________

To celebrate my dissertation hand in I decided to go to one of my favourite events and sing a few tunes to a very noisy audience. The bar is new and there we're no mics or PA system but I had fun none the less, it was nice to be singing again. 

Kilo Sale _________________________________________________________________________

On Saturday I went to a huge vintage kilo sale and bought so much good stuff. I got a new insulated denim jacket for £15 and some new jeans and some pretty shorts and tops and just a lot of stuff for not very much of a price. I basically bought my whole new summer wardrobe because I've stopped shopping in highstreet stores (reason to come soon) and it was also a lovely treat to myself after a very stressful few days. 

Listening to // Harry Styles __________________________________________________________

Yep, like the rest of the world I've been listening to Sign of the Times all week and loving it. I even woke up at 8 to listen to the interview (who am I?!). As I predicted he's taken a Mick Jagger-esque, ballady', slow rock kind of form and I love it. Dare I say it without being culled, this song kind of has Bowie vibes, the vocals are quite strained and anthemic. I like this song but I don't adore it and I think he's done that on purpose, waiting to release the best after the album has come out and that's a smart move and I can't wait. I never thought I'd be talking about an ex member of One Direction in a musically in depth way, but there you go!



How was your Monday?

4 comments

  1. Congrats on finishing your dissertation! You should indeed be proud of yourself, it`s an important milestone. For some people it might be a piece of paper, but I see it as a sign of motivation and determination. Congrats again!

    http://www.carmensreadingcorner.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And yeah definitely when I look or think about it now it just reminds me what I can accomplish and try harder, thanks so much.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the dissertation!! I can totally relate to your struggles; they're such a mammoth thing to complete! You have every right to be massively proud of yourself. Well done! Also, I'm totally thinking about finding other places to buy clothes so I anticipate your post about why you're shopping elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and they are aren't they, no wonder people that write books feel exhausted afterwards! And ooo well I think I'm planning on doing a post everyday in May so I will for sure write a BP about ethical clothing choices yep!

      Delete