A Not So Blue Monday

Monday, 8 May 2017


Hello pals! This week has been filled with exciting plans and I'm feeling much more put together and excited for the summer. Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:

Starwars Everything _______________________________________________________________

On Thursday the rest of my psychology class finished Uni and to celebrate we went to a Starwars quiz because obviously; it was May the 4th. It was actually so fun and although I call myself a Starwars fan, I had nothing on the people that attended that quiz. It was nerd central but in the best way, they also had themed cocktails and board games and lightsaber battles, it was great! We came second last but we tried our best and we still had loads of fun celebrating the nerdiest day in the calendar. 

Italy ____________________________________________________________________________

So I am going to Italy! For a month, to work on an eco sanctuary. It took a lot of organisation but it's finally booked, I'm doing it through workaway which is a service that my friend uses as a host and he told me it's one of the best ways to travel and feel like a local. I'm going in August and I am so excited to finally have something planned for the summer, I might just stay there! It's also a huge deal for me, for someone with an anxiety disorder to travel on their own for the first time, I literally have to get a train, a plane and a bus completely on my own and the thing is, I'm just excited, not nervous at all. I think I will be nervous nearer the time but I know I am ready for this. Going to have to start a new project; lessons in Italian!

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 ______________________________________________________

I went to see it last night and it was everything I wanted it to be. I don't think it was as good as the first film but I didn't think it was going to be. The comedy was brilliant although the plot took its time to catch up and I thought it was pretty predictable. Baby Groot tho, he stole the show and I loved the chemistry between all the characters and the little snippets of backstory we get as well but not a full blown 'Suicide Squad' style flashback. And now, it's time to talk about the soundtrack; holy moly! I was promised Fleetwood Mac, I got them, twice! Also Cat Stevens, one of my favourite all time songs in the world and it was perfect for the scene it was chosen for, cries. Overall it was an amazing film and an amazing contribution to the Marvel universe, 10/10 would see again!

Listening to // Awesome Mix Vol 2 ____________________________________________________

Once you see the film it has to be done! I have almost all of these on a playlist or two anyway but I'm enjoying listening to them all in the order of where they appear in the film, also the instrumental sections are great too. 


What a nerdy week. How was your Monday?
                                         

4 comments

  1. I'm so happy to hear that you are going to Italy---I was there last summer during a study abroad trip and it's absolutely gorgeous! You are going to love it~ Make sure to eat plenty of gelato for me <3
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited, I might just stay there! And oh I will, I'm so looking forward to the food!

      Delete
  2. Ooh your trip to Italy sounds so exciting! I've always wanted to go, Italy seems like it's so full of culture and nice architecture (+pizza!!)

    Your star wars celebration day sounds like it was so much fun! Nerdy themed quizzes and events are always interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've wanted to go for ages so I just decided to bite the bullet and omg I'm so excited for pizza!
      And yeah it was a lot of fun, I'm a nerd at heart so I enjoyed it a lot!

      Delete